New but not really

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New but not really

Im new to Gopher boards. I won the Gopher-Haul and cant wait to get the stuff so I can show it all off. Ive been mowing off and on since 1995 on my own started back full time in June after I lost my job.I put out about 1500 fliers and landed 8 in the first few weeks. My last 2 I got were old customers. Its settled down since. Been around the business since 1988.

What do you find to be the most difficult part of running your business?

Or what are the tough issues you faced or face now?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

For 1 having to blow off the drive and sidewalks using a cheap hand held, because someone came into my garage and stole my good backpak.It takes alot longer and doesnt do that great of a job. Other than that, trying to get my name out there to get more clients. I have a refferal program, but nothing from that yet.

Comment

If a friend of yours asked you for advice about starting their own business, what would you tell them? What kind of business advice would you offer?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

lol.... Do I have to answer that?

I would tell them to work for someone else for awhile and get some experience on there $. Then decide. Id also tell him that a LCO is a dime a dozen around here and it wont be easy without being a lowballer.

Did I answer it correctly?

Bob what did I win or do I choose a door...LOL *Kidding

nite nite have to mow tomorrow(today)

Comment

That is a very insightful answer

Comment

wel thank you :rock:

Comment

That use to be ME!!!!!!

Ha Ha I remember those days... I use to read everyday on this site with that name, but hardly ever posted...

In Memory of My Dad..1943-2008..Gary "Snuffy" Smith

Comment

What is your thought on why many people never get engaged and post on the forum. Instead they seem content with just reading and never participating?

Comment

Most are here to just read all the info gopherforums provides... Others may not know how to word question and answers..Or maybe to proud to ask questions..

In Memory of My Dad..1943-2008..Gary "Snuffy" Smith

Comment

Some people might fear competition and think that they should keep their ideas to themselves even though there are here getting help/ideas from others.

I've always said there's plenty of grass for all of us. So I try to help when I can. I talk with most of my local direct competition too. I think this type of attitude helps you in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                      X