A quick Intro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick Intro

I'm glad I found this forum! Names, Jim O', I'm a run a lawn care business in Boise, ID and have for several years.

Currently its a small operation but growing quick. This year we've put a ton of effort in our marketing and have been done fairly well. I've gone from a sole operator to having four to five employees.

Outside of the biz, I like to explore the great outdoors. Living in this region there's always something to do from hiking, fishing, boating to snowboarding. When there's time I'm out playing

Again I look forward to learning from an connecting with you all!

Welcome to our forum!

Do you have any advice for those sole proprietorships out there that are having a hard time making the jump to hiring employees? When is the right time to do it?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Welcome to our forum!

Do you have any advice for those sole proprietorships out there that are having a hard time making the jump to hiring employees? When is the right time to do it?
      I am very interested to hear about this. I am currently a one man operation, but feel that I am close to needing to hire on my first employee. Have began exploring what this means financially and operationally. Been looking at Worker's Comp insurance, payroll, taxes, etc.

Any advice? I've heard some people say to wait until you just can't do all the work yourself and then hire, and then I've heard people say you need to hire before you reach that point, so you can focus on growing the business and have time to train. Both approaches make sense in their own way, what do you think?

Comment

In the Same Boat

Hey All!

Running a one man crew here with me, myself and I. I have been tempted many times to expand. But I can't do it. I can't take the leap of faith. I would like to know if it is a leap of faith or is it you couldn't stand working 60 hour weeks anymore? Do I need to spend more on marketing first? So many questions!

Coincidentally, from Boise as well, running my Lawn Mowing biz since 1999 (took off 7 years in there while I pursued my paper degree. I may need to go back to class for some marketing lessons

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X