Landscapers Source For Marketing, Graphic Design and Website Design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landscapers Source For Marketing, Graphic Design and Website Design

Just wanted to introduce ourselves real quick. My name is Keri Deziel and I own a web design and marketing company called Breadcrumb Design Studio. We have been providing our services to the pressure washing industry for the past 2 years and have started to work with a couple of local landscapers. We specialize in local SEO; making sure you are reaching the customers in YOUR service area and not people in some other state. Our web designs have won a couple of awards and also have been nominated for other awards. Our marketing packages offer everything you need to get to the first page of Google and stay there. Some of our packages also include social media management, newsletter campaign management and much more.

I could go on but I just wanted to let everybody know that we are here, our services are affordable and they are proven to provide great results. We have a dedicated landscaping website, to learn more and to even see special pricing available to landscaping customers only.

Hi Keri,

Welcome to our forum.

Being that you are here and promoting yourself in this industry, is there something you could offer the members? Maybe picking one to provide them with a website make over or a marketing makeover?

I think everyone would enjoy reading about the different steps you take to help the company improve their seo/marketing/website or whatever you can help with.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

The last time I hired a marketing company it was a total ripoff. I'm not trying to riff on Breadcrumb, I'm just very leery outsourcing anything anymore.

Comment

I think my website stinks. I'm game.

Comment

The last time I hired a marketing company it was a total ripoff. I'm not trying to riff on Breadcrumb, I'm just very leery outsourcing anything anymore.
          Thats been a big hurdle for us to overcome. We have come across a lot of companies that have been burned in the past. So no offense taken and honestly dont necessarily blame you for being leery.

Comment

Hi Keri,

Welcome to our forum.

Being that you are here and promoting yourself in this industry, is there something you could offer the members? Maybe picking one to provide them with a website make over or a marketing makeover?

I think everyone would enjoy reading about the different steps you take to help the company improve their seo/marketing/website or whatever you can help with.
            Yeah with the other industries we are in we try to post once a week or so free marketing tips or even free postcard templates that we have created for people to use.

We're currently making a promotional page on our site to let members know that they get a free website redesign when they sign up for monthly marketing.

I appreciate allowing us to be here and offer our services and help out the members any way we can.

Comment

I think my website stinks. I'm game.
              We would be more than happy to take a look at it, run a couple of free reports for you and then take it from there. If you want to discuss more just let us know.

Comment

A few questions that should probably be answered publicly?

1. Why choose your web design / or SEO services over another company or doing it themselves?
                2. Are your websites custom designed or do you use generic templates?
                3. Do you have any links to your previous work or awards?

Comment

A few questions that should probably be answered publicly?

1. Why choose your web design / or SEO services over another company or doing it themselves?
                  2. Are your websites custom designed or do you use generic templates?
                  3. Do you have any links to your previous work or awards?
                  Yeah thanks for asking these questions.

1. Its no secret there are a ton of SEO and design companies around. What we pride ourselves on is 2 things and they are typically the reason people choose us. First we purposely specialize in local SEO. We know what needs to be done and how to do it properly to get you in front of people that could be potential customers. If you are in Raleigh, NC there is no point in you showing up anywhere outside that service area (30-40 miles or whatever your area is). SEO and marketing to service area businesses is quite different than a global or national company. The second reason is the prices we offer. When I started this business I knew going into it that agencies charge thousands of dollars for web design and even a $1000+ for monthly marketing. Those prices are just unreasonable for small local businesses. So we feel our pricing is affordable for the small business. The biggest hurdle has been changing the "you get what you pay for" mentality.

2.Every website is custom made. We build on nearly every platform; HTML, Wordpress, Drupal and Joomla. We created an in house framework to use with Wordpress to ensure that every site was unique. Certain design elements are similar but overall they are all unique.

3. Below are a few links of websites we have done. With each site we do we make sure that in the end the clients vision is represented and our expertise is integrated as well.
                  http://capefearprowash.com/ - nominated
                  http://atmospheric.co/ - won website of the day from Awwwards
                  http://cast83.com/
                  http://www.1100architect.com/ - nominated
                  http://fivestarpw.breadcrumbdesignstudio.com/ - under development

Comment

Yeah thanks for asking these questions.

1. Its no secret there are a ton of SEO and design companies around. What we pride ourselves on is 2 things and they are typically the reason people choose us. First we purposely specialize in local SEO. We know what needs to be done and how to do it properly to get you in front of people that could be potential customers. If you are in Raleigh, NC there is no point in you showing up anywhere outside that service area (30-40 miles or whatever your area is). SEO and marketing to service area businesses is quite different than a global or national company. The second reason is the prices we offer. When I started this business I knew going into it that agencies charge thousands of dollars for web design and even a $1000+ for monthly marketing. Those prices are just unreasonable for small local businesses. So we feel our pricing is affordable for the small business. The biggest hurdle has been changing the "you get what you pay for" mentality.

2.Every website is custom made. We build on nearly every platform; HTML, Wordpress, Drupal and Joomla. We created an in house framework to use with Wordpress to ensure that every site was unique. Certain design elements are similar but overall they are all unique.

3. Below are a few links of websites we have done. With each site we do we make sure that in the end the clients vision is represented and our expertise is integrated as well.
                    http://capefearprowash.com/ - nominated
                    http://atmospheric.co/ - won website of the day from Awwwards
                    http://cast83.com/
                    http://www.1100architect.com/ - nominated
                    http://fivestarpw.breadcrumbdesignstudio.com/ - under development
                    Thanks for the fast response. One question though, and please don't take offense, but if you specialize in SEO, why do all of the sites (with the exception of the 14yr old architect site), including your own main site have a 0 Google Page Rank?
                    Last edited by Just for Cuts; 01-19-2015, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the fast response. One question though, and please don't take offense, but if you specialize in SEO, why do all of the sites (with the exception of the 14yr old architect site), including your own main site have a 0 Google Page Rank?
                      No offense at all. Unfortunately its a mix of some of those sites didnt sign up or want any extra SEO service so they were mostly just the design and a little bit of on page SEO. Also there are a couple in there that have only been up a month or two, so they're fairly new.

Second is while of course PR is still around, in itself is not a great method to follow. A few years ago it was ok, getting quality backlinks was (and still is to an extent) the goal. The problem was like this: You have a lawn care website and you get a backlink from usa.gov which has a PR10. The PR10 is great but the content found on usa.gov is nowhere near relevant to your website. So finding PR5 and higher websites that relate to your industry for example may be few and far between.

Google is putting a large emphasis on quality and relevancy now. Having a blog with 1000+ articles that are 100 words or less is worse than having 10 articles that are 500 words or more. So we still provide backlinking as part of our service but we only aim for relevant PR5+ and do not what so ever spam backlinks or get backlinks in any blackhat method.

Hope that clarifies it a bit on why some of the sites have PR0 or low PR numbers. With our site, honestly we have received over 87% of our business from word of mouth and we've focused on the clients and havent even had a chance to really market ourselves, which kind of sounds bad but its a cost savings as well.

Comment

What do you feel are some simpler steps the average lawn care business owner can take to improve the marketing message and rankings in search engines?
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

What do you feel are some simpler steps the average lawn care business owner can take to improve the marketing message and rankings in search engines?
                          There are 2 big things that Google has made a priority in their recent algorithm update (July-September 2014). These changes directly effected local service companies. One is incredibly time consuming but can be done by anybody, the other in our opinion is not fair to companies. So what are they?

1. Directory Listings & Google Maps Optimization. There are about 115 or so directory websites out there. A vast majority of those are trusted websites that search engines look at and factor in when ranking companies. So websites like Angies List, Thumbtack, Hotfrog, Merchant Circle, Superpages etc etc. Any site where you input your Name Address & Phone Number (NAP). Search Engines look for NAP consistency, if you enter your phone number on one site as 555-111-1234 but on another site you enter it as (555) 111.1234 and on your website you have it as 555.111.1234 search engines see that as 3 different phone numbers. Even though they are the same number they are not in the same format. Same goes for your address and company name. No matter where you put this info it has to be the same. This information also HAS to be on your website, there is no debating this. If you work out of your house but dont want your home address on the site....Im sorry but too bad, it has to be or else you can forget about your local SEO.

2. Google has put a huge emphasis on reviews. We dont agree with this because it takes essentially everybody out of the equation except for your customer. The other downside is they want to see diversity in where the reviews are coming from. So they want to see positive reviews on Google+, Yelp, Merchant Circle etc etc. They dont want to see the reviews coming from just Yelp and nowhere else. Per Googles TOS you cannot obtain reviews by offering them something in return. But honestly its nearly the only way a customer will review you. We have a client who give a $5 gift card to the customer when the job is complete and they leave a review. We developed a sub-domain for his website and they walk up at the end with an iPad and they do the review right in front of them and he hands them a gift card. Then the reviews are pushed to Yelp, Google+ and Foursquare. Otherwise obtaining a review for your service is really just hopeful. Telling the 78 year old to review you on Google+ is more than likely not going to go over easily. (No offense to older people, there are plenty that would know what to do but overall most might need help)

So those are 2 really important factors right now for local SEO that can be done when there is downtime or during the possible off season. *Shameless Plug for us* We of course offer to do these things as well for you in our monthly marketing packages. But hopefully this information is useful / helpful to you guys and dont be afraid to ask us any questions, we'll respond as soon as we can.

Comment

Very interesting.

I think you should really pick someone on here and do a web makeover for them. Talk about what you changed on their site and why. It would be a great way to gain more viewership of your posts.

As others see improvements, there is a good possibility they will want you to perform the same service for them.

Otherwise you are not really harnessing the power of this forum to reach out to this specific market.

Comment

Very interesting.

I think you should really pick someone on here and do a web makeover for them. Talk about what you changed on their site and why. It would be a great way to gain more viewership of your posts.

As others see improvements, there is a good possibility they will want you to perform the same service for them.

Otherwise you are not really harnessing the power of this forum to reach out to this specific market.
                              Couldn't agree more. We're finishing a couple of projects now and by the end of the month we'll run a free website redesign giveaway exclusively here on Gopherforums. We'll be sure to make a new thread and do our best to get it in front of everybody..

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X