Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Havent even started yet...

Hey all:
    Just wanted to throw some things out there... I am currently a golf course superintendent with a Bachelor of Science in Turfgrass management from an accredited 4 year school. I am planning on doing a turf consulting business and I want to start small to get a feel for the industry. I have 15+years of experience in the golf course industry with a mechanical background as I have to service all of my mowers in my shop. There are a LOT of lake cabins in my area, but also a lot of different mowers riding on trailers behind trucks. With starting small, I think I can gain an edge in the area because of my education and experience in the golf course industry. Any suggestions from people who have been doing this for years would help me greatly. Im considering the idea of jumping into this as a career change so to speak. Coming from the golf course industry to the lawn maintenance side intrigues me and I want to see if it will better my family financially.
    Best of luck to everyone in the new year!!!!

Welcome to our forum!

I am planning on doing a turf consulting business
    What service would this business provide? I am guessing this wouldn't be a basic lawn mowing business?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

advisory service with follow up services

Hey Steve thank you for commenting. Basically I get asked a few times a week if ill come out and diagnose plant health problems that golfers are having with their home or cabin lawns. I was thinking if doing an hour consult(while not divulging the exact way to alleviate the problem) with the option of me doing the suggested work after the consult. I would charge a flat rate for the hour on site inspection and if they decide to have me perform the services I would take the consulting fee and take it off their final bill as an incentive for them to employ me to do the job. There is some trickyness to the matter, that's why I'm on here asking the professionals if this is something I could provide as a legitimate service. Great website and a great wealth of knowledge!!! I would love to be a steady contributor and maybe answer any questions people may have about plant physiology in the future.

Comment

It seems to me that the simpler you keep things the better.

I can see where you are coming from, but I am not sure how you would market or explain that service to the customer without it coming across as a little awkward.

Why not just perform lawn care and possibly landscaping services? With your background, you could be a huge hit in your area.

You also could write quite a bit about lawns in your local newspaper and get even more attention.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X