No announcement yet.

Started a New Solar Lawn Care company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all the info John! Good stuff!

Comment

Feel free to ask, I'll share what I know. I'll also tell you if I don't know something so you can ask an expert.

JOhn

Comment

I started my part time business 3 years ago this way with a worx gt lawn mower, a battery op. trimmer and solar panels I used to charge them from home. I still use my mower but not as often but it helped get me to some high end equipment and dollars in my bank. Most of those lead batteries can be opened and replaced but a lithium would be your best bet and I would own 2 or 3. Same way I use Ryobi tools so I have 3 lithium batteries to make sure I have a back up. The ryobi and blow works great too.

Now that being said you need to own a decent gas mower because you may run across jobs just where the battery mower just takes to long or doesn't have the battery capacity or the grass is to high for it.

Battery operated equip I own worx gt mower, Ryobi hedge trimmer and blower and grass trimmer.
        Gas operated I won is Honda com. mower, snapper pro 36" ztr, echo trimmer and stick edger(If dont own anything else gas get one of these) and backpack blower and other misc equip.

It can be done thats for sure.

Comment

Did you market the business as a solar powered or electric powered business? If so, did that get you a lot more attention than if you hadn't?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Did you market the business as a solar powered or electric powered business? If so, did that get you a lot more attention than if you hadn't?
            I tried to market it that way but no one cared one way or the other. I do this on the side so maybe 3 or 4 lawns on a sat or sun and hit one or two on the way home from work. So I take my truck and trailer when I need it but I can stealth a lawn by taking the battery op equip in the back of my car plus my other batt. op. equip and be in and out and not stink up my car with gas. Its also so light on some of those more lawns it can be good as well.

Comment

Feel free to ask, I'll share what I know. I'll also tell you if I don't know something so you can ask an expert.

JOhn
              I know this is an old convo we had, but I'm interested in building a solar generator on the back of my truck tool box and going to town. John, can you tell me how I would build a similar setup to what you have?

Comment

Get a Big Main Battery

You'll need
                1. Large Main Battery
                2. Cable Heavy Gauge
                3. Cable Terminals
                4. Fuse 200 amp or bigger
                5. Charge Controller MPPT if you can afford it
                6. Solar Panel(s) Size dependent upon usage
                7. Panel Mounts - Mine are home made
                8. DC to AC Convertor
                9. Power Strip

Mount solar panels, wire to the Panel side of the charge controller (should be labeled). Wire the Charge controller to the main battery. Put fuse in line with + from the Main Battery, connect + and - from Main Battery to Inverter. Plug power strip into inverter and your battery charges to your equipment charges.

Turn on inverter and Viola power.

Comment

Charge Controller MPPT if you can afford it
                  Does the mppt charge controller helps lengthen the life of the battery?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Super post!

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X