New Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

Hello everyone! I started my own lawn care business this spring and I'm glad I've found this site because it's full of great info. Can't wait to dig deeper!

Best of luck to you! How is advertising going? What have you found that works?

Comment

Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own lawn care business?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Best of luck to you! How is advertising going? What have you found that works?
        Thanks! Advertising is going well. I was really nervous at first because I started with nothing and wasn't sure how fast I could get customers and enough of them to actually profit. I went door to door handing out flyers in some neighborhoods near me, and put up big flyers on public bulletin boards in stores all around. I think those two have worked the best so far. I also made a Facebook page, advertised in newspapers and everywhere online with free classified ads. I even have some customers that were referred to us by other customers. I've learned that even when I'm in a hurry, all dirty, soaked in sweat, and just not in the mood to talk, it's worth it to take the time to be friendly and say hi or chat a bit with your customers when you see them out.

Comment

Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own lawn care business?
          I worked for a lawn care business since I was 16. I'm 24 now and figured it's just time to take the leap and go on my own

Comment

I went door to door handing out flyers in some neighborhoods near me, and put up big flyers on public bulletin boards in stores all around. I think those two have worked the best so far.
            Are you asking people where they heard of you when they call? Then keeping record of it so you can chart which marketing methods work and which ones aren't??
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Are you asking people where they heard of you when they call? Then keeping record of it so you can chart which marketing methods work and which ones aren't??
              I've only actually asked a few times, most people say when they call where they got the number. And as if now I just have all this info stored in my head, but as soon as I get a spare minute lol I would like to chart it

Comment

Intro/New to this also

I am also new to this. My wife and I have been planning on starting our own business in landscape design. I earned my Master Gardener's Certificate. We have years of experience working for others and we decided to start our own business "D-n-C's Rain or Shine". I also have previous work experience as a Veterinary Technician and a Paralegal. I love landscaping because it's manual labor and there are instant results.

I find "Gopher Forum" extremely helpful. As far as networking, another site I would suggest is linkedin.com It is a site that helps find customers. There isn't a wealth of info like this site, but it helps.

Comment

I am also new to this. My wife and I have been planning on starting our own business in landscape design. I earned my Master Gardener's Certificate. We have years of experience working for others and we decided to
                  start our own business "D-n-C's Rain or Shine". I also have previous work experience as a Veterinary Technician and a Paralegal. I love landscaping because it's manual labor and there are instant results.

I find "Gopher Forum" extremely helpful. As far as networking, another site I would suggest is linkedin.com It is a site that helps find customers. There isn't a wealth of info like this site, but it helps.
                  Is there a perk for you from LinkedIn for putting it in every post you make????????

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X