Trying to start.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to start.

I am brand new to this. I have been mowing for years now for one lady that has 13 acres to cut, keeps me busy and the money is good but am trying to start my own. Trying to figure out how to start? How to get customers ? And how can you make sure your not underbidding yourself. I have very low overhead as I will be doing it myself
    Thank you and I am looking forward to suggestions tips or anything else
    I am located in lancaster pa

There is a ton of info on here from previos threads that will answer the majority of your questions. Do some research from past posts and that should give you a lot of helpful info.

Comment

thank you for your help

Comment

Welcome to our forum!

I have been mowing for years now for one lady that has 13 acres to cut, keeps me busy and the money is good but am trying to start my own.
        How long does it take you to mow that size property? How much do you charge for it?

What does that come out to per hour?

Can you then apply that to smaller lawns in the area and still make a decent enough profit per lawn?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I am brand new to this. I have been mowing for years now for one lady that has 13 acres to cut, keeps me busy and the money is good but am trying to start my own. Trying to figure out how to start? How to get customers ? And how can you make sure your not underbidding yourself. I have very low overhead as I will be doing it myself
          Thank you and I am looking forward to suggestions tips or anything else
          I am located in lancaster pa
          Welcome to the forum, lots of information here and on the internet (Google & Bing) to help you with this. I've found this forum very helpful, although my business is still in formation stages. Also there's alot of good information in the Lawn Business School on this website that will help you out on various things, so you might want to check that out, I learned alot from that and I always point new members to it, because it helped me out and answered alot of my questions.

Comment

Wow, I wish I had 13 acres to cut before I even started my business, with that kind of money I could have bought a commercial mower just to do that job alone.

How much are you charging to do the 13 acres and how long does it take you.
            sigpic
            Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Working...
            X