crossroads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of Evergreens

Here is the property, the trees that are there have been almost thinned out to nothing due to road work and a water drain basin installed.
    Attached Files

Comment

Just from a posting on facebook of a rental I got this install

Description Qty Rate Total
      Mini Skid with Auger to make holes - per day 2 300.00 600.00T
      Mini Skid operator labor 16 27.50 440.00T
      Labor for installing trees. 90 27.50 2,475.00T
      Green Giant Arborvitae 6-7 feet 90 207.99 18,719.10T
      Mulch- any color delivered and installed cubic yards 20 60.00 1,200.00T
      Weed barrier cloth for mulch beds 1 460.00 460.00T
      Machine operator for leveling property with soil from site 4 27.50 110.00T
      Cubic Yards of Top Soil delivered and installed 12 45.00 540.00T
      Grass seed for area as discussed installed 10 58.00 580.00T
      Fuel for Mini Skid 25 3.85 96.25
      Trees need to be purchased up front and 50 percent down of
      remaining balance to secure rentals and material, remaining balance
      to be be paid upon completion. Thank you
      $27,230.28

Comment

Description Qty Rate Total
        Mini Skid with Auger to make holes - per day 2 300.00 600.00T
        Mini Skid operator labor 16 27.50 440.00T
        Labor for installing trees. 90 27.50 2,475.00T
        Green Giant Arborvitae 6-7 feet 90 207.99 18,719.10T
        Mulch- any color delivered and installed cubic yards 20 60.00 1,200.00T
        Weed barrier cloth for mulch beds 1 460.00 460.00T
        Machine operator for leveling property with soil from site 4 27.50 110.00T
        Cubic Yards of Top Soil delivered and installed 12 45.00 540.00T
        Grass seed for area as discussed installed 10 58.00 580.00T
        Fuel for Mini Skid 25 3.85 96.25
        Trees need to be purchased up front and 50 percent down of
        remaining balance to secure rentals and material, remaining balance
        to be be paid upon completion. Thank you
        $27,230.28
        Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations.
          Thank You. Looking forward to the task and taking many pics to add to the portfolio... Just need some warm dry weather, its been wet and cold here for too long

Comment

That is brilliant work! Congratulations!

Take pictures and show us what you are doing as you go.

I look forwards to hearing your review of the job when it is over.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

My Bid was to high ????

Amazing how a conversation between two people can change when its all on paper. I covered everything he spoke about and explained all that we do. when I sent the quote I didnt hear from him for 2 days. Then I get this response....and no nurseries around here install...

and I was cheaper on the trees then the internet with free shipping...

sometimes ya have to just walk away but politely..

ME: Hello, Just wondering if you had time to look at the estimate and if you had any questions.

Please call anytime

Customer: Yes, your estimate is extremely high. I have speak with nursery, they can do it much cheaper . Thank you for your time.

Email from cell phone.

My response to him....

Hello. I'm sorry you feel it's high. I Costed it out so it would be completed correctly the first time. And that there might be a lower cost in the end. As I mentioned its just an estimate.

If you have 2 other outfits bid the job I'm curious to see if you would agree with there numbers.

Gallivan and Breedlove and brad rose all are excellent at what they do.

Also I'm not sure which nursery you went too. But there not in the installation business and do not have insurance and workers comp for it. Say someone got hurt or even killed on your property and it was a nursery with no insurance for installations. You would lose your home.

I humbly provide this advice to educate you in making the best decision for your home and land.

Best regards

Ps. My phone is always on and we can always discuss anything on the quote if you really want to see how I Job costed the material labor and machines

Thank you.

Michael J Richter
              Sent via IPhone
              Last edited by djm2013; 04-16-2013, 12:16 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

What is your view on what happened?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

sticker shock

What is your view on what happened?
                  He had a dream of improving his property and ask for a lot of work and detail and i put it all on paper and he freaked out, the price for the trees are even cheaper then the internet. the labor is for 3 guys and a machine operator, he is asking for instant success with this install and its 30 man hours x 3, muclh topsoil you see it all, and when it totalled up he just didnt accept it. He went to a nursery and said yeah we can install those trees, and maybe thats all they priced...

I made my email honest and told him I am not upset and want to help him if he has other questions, best I can do, cant get em all

Comment

He had a dream of improving his property and ask for a lot of work and detail and i put it all on paper and he freaked out, the price for the trees are even cheaper then the internet. the labor is for 3 guys and a machine operator, he is asking for instant success with this install and its 30 man hours x 3, muclh topsoil you see it all, and when it totalled up he just didnt accept it. He went to a nursery and said yeah we can install those trees, and maybe thats all they priced...

I made my email honest and told him I am not upset and want to help him if he has other questions, best I can do, cant get em all
                    I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you.

Comment

I loved reading your posts and learned a lot! Did the customer say what he went with? Did he say a cost or you never heard back from him?

Comment

I loved reading your posts and learned a lot! Did the customer say what he went with? Did he say a cost or you never heard back from him?
                        I thought I would here from him after leaving him a nice, and open and educated email, but he never called me or emailed me back. sometimes that happens, and you just move on. I look at it as 3 days I can do a different project with a higher profit margin, so I still come out ok, and if he does call back, I schedule it when I can and I will think of it as a bonus install.

But its been raining and windy here. no one wants anything yet. the phone is ringing, the bids are out, some are in, just waiting for the weather to kick in spring gear and away we go.

Glad you liked reading my posts. I see im over 2200 views pretty cool I guess.

Comment

new tool for the biz

Grabbed a stihl bed redefiner attachement, its for the combi unit but if you just buy the attachement and remove the shaft the gear head fits on my fs130 and 130r stihl trimmers, saved like 380 bucks not buying the combi head. and the 130 has gobs of power for this thing, will send pics shortly..

yard signs are paying off

spring clean ups in full swing.

people like the pens and magnet cards.

increasing sales offering bed edging and ferts and dethatching.

all good so far..

Comment

yard signs are paying off
                            How are you using them? On current customer's properties? Or at street corners? Or something else?

Also, how are you tracking to see if your signs are working or not?

Comment

yard signs

How are you using them? On current customer's properties? Or at street corners? Or something else?

both, st corners to housing developments and on customers yards.

some newer pics, lawn ornaments were not my idea lol.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Tracking

When they call and I speak to them, at a good moment in the conversation I will simply ask them, oh by the way, how did you hear of me.

and they will either say, ad in paper, sign, truck magnets, craigslist or facebook link from my business partners or website from a google search.

right now its craigslist in the lead followed by signs, then ad in paper..

Comment

Working...
                                X