Intro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro

Hi my name is Joe and I am currently attending college and receiving my A.A.S in Commercial Turf and Grounds. I have been in this industry for 5 years and spent 2 of those years as a crew foreman. I have a wide range of skills from aerations/overseedings to building patios. I am currently considering opening a lawn business as I finish 1 more year of schooling to get a solid start before I graduate. I am always open to advice and planning on growing in this industry anyway I can. It is nice to be here and look forward to talking to some of you.

I cannot speak on what you have learned in College, especially since my days were very short But you have the exact time in at another LCC as I did(I had 4 years of crew leadership)....so I would say follow your love & passion.
    08 F250 Ext Cab/04 Chevy 3500
    05 F350/04 F350 Diesel/12 Ram 4500 Dump
    4 -60 Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48
    3 -8'2" Boss V-Plows
    1- Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
    20' Enclosed trailer
    18' Skid & 16' Open Trailer
    2012 - S185 Bobcat

Comment

Welcome to our forum!

What do you like or dislike now about working for the lawn care company you currently work with?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

The company i work for now is just my boss and I, we focus primarily on fertilizer apps, mowing, and leaf clean up. I cant say there is anything i dont like. The personal relationship between us seems to help us work as a team to achieve a common goal. I can however say the last company i worked for i did not like being taking advantage of. I worked for this guy for 4 years and he did not know my name, one of his crew foremen and he had no idea who i was... Pathetic if you ask me.

Comment

How do you think he as a business owner allowed thing to get so bad like that? What should a business owner look out for to make sure they are not going down that same path?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X