No announcement yet.

New to the game, Hello out there.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a buddy who does food plot management here in SC but does not try to make a full time job out of it. I have thought about venturing the food plot management once we get our lawn care side more established myself. You seem to have put alot more though into it and also have someone who has a degree in the matter so you definatly have a leg up already.

Comment

What would he have to do to take it fulltime? How much more would his operations have to be scaled up?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Advertising and taking on new and bigger clients. He just uses word of mouth and people that he knows or hunts with as clients now. I would think he would need to try to get contracts with large clubs to make it rather than individuals with smaller plots.

Comment

Advertising and taking on new and bigger clients. He just uses word of mouth and people that he knows or hunts with as clients now. I would think he would need to try to get contracts with large clubs to make it rather than individuals with smaller plots.
          I think that the only way it works is to hook up with the larger or mega clubs as I call them and be able to offer a full service to them. I'm talking about clubs or people leaseing over 1000 acres but it may be tough economically to get them to commit to a full service if they have less than 5000 acres. Really understanding the animals and what makes them thrive and being able to sell that will be a big deal. I was thinking about this a few nights ago and I am wondering how much success we would have if we offered free seminars maybe during one of their club meetings on game management if that wouldn't help us sell it. If your area of SC is like ours here the local guys with a 1000 or less acres to hunt are taking care of it themselves and for them its part of the hunting experience which makes them unlikely customers. Where in SC are you if you dont mind my asking?

Comment

I am from Rock Hill which is about 30 minutes south of Charlotte, NC. But most larger hunting clubs around here seems to be in the lower part of the state. I agree that for some the food plots is part of the experience. You would have to find the more upscale clubs with people that have too much money and have to travel a few hours to hunt and therefore are not willing to tend to the foodplots themselves.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X