Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy ready to learn

Hello,

I came across this site the other day and was impressed! I've learned quite a bit already and need to learn a lot more.

I'm new to the business side of this type of work. I have 10 years experience, 7 years was for somebody else. When i started on my own i bought a brand new Country Clipper for $7,000 and all new hand held equipment. I also bought an existing route off of another lawn care company that i am friends with. It got me started and helped pay the bills while i still held down a part time job. this will be my third year now and i am starting to advertise quite a bit now.

Like i said i know how to do the work but i am finding it difficult to bid and make money. knowing your cost is something i didn't understand completely, which i have already learned a lot about here on this forum.

From one new guy to another Welcome! I agree learning the administrative side of the business is harder that just doing the work. I guess that is what separates an owner from a worker. Hang in there it will come in time.

Comment

So knowing what you know now what do you think is your cost per hour?
      Do you think you can cover that and make a good living?
      Are you estimating the right amount of hours for the job?

Comment

No time

I have not had the time just yet to figure that. I hope to get that done soon

I'm in a low wage area where most jobs are payin $8 an hour . Even though i am a company it seems like the general public almost expect me to charge that too. I went to trim some shrubs for a lady and she almost killed over that i was charging her $25 an hour (which is actually too cheap even at that).

Comment

Welcome to our forum!

Like i said i know how to do the work but i am finding it difficult to bid and make money. knowing your cost is something i didn't understand completely, which i have already learned a lot about here on this forum.
          What lessons do you feel stood out so far to you and how will they change the way you bid?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X