Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From Pa

Hi,

My Name Is Jason. This Is My First Season In The Business. I Didn't Plan On Starting This Business It Just Happened. I Was Asked To Take Care Of Some Properties For A Real Estate Agent. Next Thinkg I Know I Was Taking Care Of 14 Lawns. I Think That Is Good. I Reseeded 2 Lawns And Installed A Sprinkler System.

I Started Off With A Push Mower, Weed Wacker, And A Blower. I Just Bought A Dump Truck And An Older Front Cut 48" Riding Mower. This Cut My Time In Half. I'm Really Enjoying The Job.

Being New To The Business, I Don't Know What To Charge And Was Told That I'm Charging To Little For Some Of My Work. I'm Hoping That This Will Help Me Make More Of A Profit And Learn Some Tech To Make My Work Better And More Professional.

So Thanks For Having Me. I Look Forward Learning From You Guys.

Thanks,

Jason

Welcome.

I'm in Pittsburgh. What part of thee state are you mowing?

Comment

I'm From The Other Side Of The State In The Scranton/wilkes-barre Area.

Comment

Hi,

My Name Is Jason. This Is My First Season In The Business. I Didn't Plan On Starting This Business It Just Happened. I Was Asked To Take Care Of Some Properties For A Real Estate Agent. Next Thinkg I Know I Was Taking Care Of 14 Lawns. I Think That Is Good. I Reseeded 2 Lawns And Installed A Sprinkler System.

I Started Off With A Push Mower, Weed Wacker, And A Blower. I Just Bought A Dump Truck And An Older Front Cut 48" Riding Mower. This Cut My Time In Half. I'm Really Enjoying The Job.

Being New To The Business, I Don't Know What To Charge And Was Told That I'm Charging To Little For Some Of My Work. I'm Hoping That This Will Help Me Make More Of A Profit And Learn Some Tech To Make My Work Better And More Professional.

So Thanks For Having Me. I Look Forward Learning From You Guys.

Thanks,

Jason
        What do you charge? I'm in oklahoma and a lawn I can do In under 15 min I charge 35 that's just to do the basic

Comment

Hi Jason,

Welcome to our forum!

Have you checked out the lawn care calculators? THey should be able to help you out.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

The properties of for the real estate is set fee. but for my new clients, I charge for a job that takes me 30 min. doing just basics $30 and $35 for the same service but I bag the clippings. I think thats good.

This is my first year doing this gig. I didn't plan on starting the business, but I keep getting new clients by word of mouth. I have a full time job on to of this also. I hope things keep going in the right direction and I can be my own boss.

Comment

Do you have some kind of plan to bridge the gap between doing this part time and then taking it to full time?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I don't have a formal plan yet. That is why I joined this group to get some ideas. I need to learn how to marketing myself, the legal end of things(contracts, licenses needed, what type of insurance), and how to price myself.

I believe I have enough equipment, its just getting myself out there more.

Comment

If you start with the basics, get lawn care business cards and hand them out, you should find yourself growing at a steady pace.

Keep us posted on how it all goes.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X