Blue Bird Lawn Care-Brand new to the game-From Washington

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Bird Lawn Care-Brand new to the game-From Washington

Hello, I am brand new to owning my own business, but I've been working in the "industry" for about 5 years.

My company name is Blue Bird Lawn Care. I thought it sounded nice and is a little more professional than "The Flying Dutchman Lawn Care" (which was seriously the other name I considered). I have one "specialty license" being pressure washing.

I decided to start doing this as part time. I currently go to school and have a part time job already, so I have a full plate until summer.

My goal is to land a few accounts that want a regular service and have three by the time June rolls around. I am trying to start small.

My equipment is:
    Honda Mower with quadracut
    Stihl Weed Whacker FS130
    Honda Pressure Washer
    Craftsman Edger
    Craftsman blower/vac (pending)

My girlfriend's parents will be lending me a boat trailer that I will be modifying to suit my needs. I just installed a trailer hitch on my Jeep too, so things are rolling forward.

I just need to get my bonding and insurance and I will be able to go to L&I to get my specialty license (an additional $113.40 ). It seems the fees and taxes add up quickly.

I am doing this on my own. Any advice on what a good first couple steps would be, would be greatly appreciated! I have yet to come up with a logo, business card and flyer.

Welcome to our forum!

I had no idea that a license was required to offer pressure washing!

What got you interested in offering that service?

Also, what lessons do you feel you have learned from working in the industry for 5 years, that you will be able to apply to your new business?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X