Hey all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all

Hello everyone, I am Chris and this is me making my introduction.
    First off I am 28, live in FL and as you may be able to tell from my user ID I am military. I do not have a lawncare business yet I have been throwing the idea around for three seasons now and weighing my options it is just not in my current cards. Deployments, location, and knowledge...
    Everytime I take leave I go home and cut my parents grass, I cut my grass here all the time and I have a good landlord that lets me expirment with the lawn here (should call it a manicured weed field) but it is my little project. Nonetheless, I love yard work and really am looking for my nitch for late-post military life.
    About a month ago I found this site and honestly it has been all I have read every night ever since. TONS of great info compiled over the years.
    Anywho... I am wanting to get back up to the midwest and set up shop there. In the meantime I am looking to hit the ground running when that day comes, so I am asking, are there any official classes I can take that will give me an edge in a lawncare business. I see the legit companies say they are liscensed... What exactly would constitute a lawncare liscense? I am just wanting to get all the info I can so that I can "play by the rules" and not be that low-ball lawn guy that will just "do it cheaper."
    Thanks to all in advance
    Chris

Hi Chris,

Welcome to our forum.

Each township is different and the area you start your lawn care business in, may or may not have a license. For lawn care, the license usually isnt anything more than paying a fee. If you want to apply chemicals or fertilizers, you most likely will have to take a test and get licensed for that.

Keep us posted on how your business planning goes.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X