Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello, my name is Caleb i am 19 years old. I am going to start a lawn care company in the spring so i joined the forum.

i mow our grass with a 42 inch troybilt ztr , shindiwa string trimer, and i recently bought a stihl blower. I have welding skills so i am going to build a trailer soon.

Welcome to our forum!

What kind of trailer are you going to make? Can we see your design? I'd love to see some pictures as you work on it.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

the trailer will be a 10 x 7 tilt single axle using 2 x 2 angle 3/16 thick with 16 inch tall rails using 1.5 inch square tubing the floor will be pressure treated wood 2 x 8s im not sure on a A frame or a straight tounge

the reason for being 7 feet wide is when i upgrade mowers i will not have to change trailers and its not that big of a price diffrance

im working on a drawing
      Last edited by calebmoss; 01-09-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

You may want to go with a 12 foot dimension. As you grow the need may arise where you will want to carry 2 ztr's mowers plus a walk behind.
        Measure the length of your ztr and then double the length, add on room for a walk behind and give an extra foot besides. My personal experience is that A frame tongue would be better. I had a straight tongue and it cracked in half.
        http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Agreed on the extra length suggestion.

I'm just starting out and I picked up a 5x8. Damn, that thing is small when you put a few things in it. I wanted to go with an 8' or 10' due to parking issues in my driveway, but if I didn't have that as a consideration, I'd have jumped right in with a 12' trailer to start. You may have situations where you need to haul away debris - will it fit with your equipment?

Comment

im working on a drawing
            I'd love to see it when you have something to show.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Here is an update .

Trailer plans.

Metal comes in 20 foot lenghts so im still going to do a 10 x 7 with 16 inch sides the ramp 7 x 6

I have decided to do a ramp instead of a tilt because for two reasons.

1. Weight - I will eventualy build a cage on the front of the trailer and the weight of trimmers, blowers, gas cans, tiller and Self propeled push mower wont let it stay tilted for .

2. Signs - With having a 6 x 7 foot space it seems like a nice place to put a big siqn.

Materal list

2 x 2 x 3/16 angle 90 feet frame 2 - 10' sides 10 - 7' Crossbembers 15 in oc
              1.5 x 1.5 x 3/16 angle 47 feet - ramp 2 - 7' 5-6'
              expanded metal 2 3x7
              2x6x10 pt wood 14
              1.5 16 ga square tubing 47 feet - rails
              1.5 x 3 x channel 20 feet

Business Plan.

Name : Moss Lawn Care

I am working on what my flyers will say , I am looking in to what insurance and license, then i will have bussiness cards made.

Services would be Mowing, Trimming, Blowing, Planting, Mulching, Debris leaf and snow Removal pruning and making flower beds.

Comment

Do you have any drawings you could show us of your future trailer?

Comment

Working...
                X