Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Wanna Hear from Other Women in this Biz

Hi.

Been out of work long time, little prospects available. Always had a dream of my own biz anyway, love to be outdoors and this lawn biz might be a good intro biz to another dream of ours, a small landscape nursery, still way down the road.

I would love to know how many of you here are women in this business, if you would do it all over again, feel you are making a good living, how long it took to get there and maybe how -I am presently clueless.

I am in Texas.

Thanks.

Connie

Welcome to our forum!

There are a bunch of business owners on here that are women.

What got you interested in running a small nursery?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Thanks, Steve, for...

...your welcome and quick reply.

In my never-ending search for a biz of my own and a way to maybe make our 16 acres produce some income some day, I stumbled on Mike McGroarty's group that are new nursery owners and would-be's under Mike's guidance.

However, we aren't in a position to start that yet, not having sold the house in city yet, investment income a little short, and our small effort to start a few plants from long-distant comute -score is...Ferrel hogs, 2; cottontails, 6; hay rats and field mice, 10; weeds, 20; us, 0!

Connie

Comment

Had other business ideas interested you so far in your search? If so, what other ideas were you considering?

I have heard corn mazes, especially this time of year do really well. That is something you could potentially do as well.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Had other business ideas interested you so far in your search? If so, what other ideas were you considering?

I have heard corn mazes, especially this time of year do really well. That is something you could potentially do as well.
          she would have had to have planted a few months ago for that though. I too would like to start my own nursery so let us(me) know how it all goes especially while owning/operating a landscape company.
          Colton
          Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

What plants would you get started with?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X