Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from central Ohio

Hey all...

We're actually more of a property maintenance company rather than a landscaping company but we've been asked several times by customers about mulching, tilling gardens and other types of landscaping work. We're not picky...we'll do almost anything. I have a few people wanting mulch and I know how to figure the area but how much $ per hour should I figure in for labor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

here's a little help

Depending on how where we are unloading the mulch (back yard:front yard) and how easy it will be to spread the mulch (think in plants or plants spread out) one person can do 1 yard (100 sq ft) in 1/2 to 1 hour.

This includes unloading the mulch into a wheelbarrow, taking it to the flower bed, dumping, and spreading it. I charge 1 hour per yard of mulch plust cost of mulch just to be safe. I also charge a delivery charge. I can fit 4 yards comfortably on my trailer so I charge $35 for up to 4 yards. Anything more than 6 yards, my supplier delivers for free. So I use that to my advantage on bigger mulch jobs.

All in all: 1 hour per yard + cost of mulch+ delivery charge= bid

hope it helps

Comment

We're actually more of a property maintenance company rather than a landscaping company but we've been asked several times by customers about mulching, tilling gardens and other types of landscaping work. We're not picky...we'll do almost anything. I have a few people wanting mulch and I know how to figure the area but how much $ per hour should I figure in for labor?
      Hi Bill,

Welcome to our forum!

It's great to hear you are looking to offer more services to your current clients. The thing I wonder is in your situation, is it possible for you to charge a premium for your add on services because you already have a certain level of trust built up with that customer?

Or do you feel the customers will go out and look for other estimates as well?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X