No announcement yet.

Hi, new member and new business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a lot more SEO (search engine optimization) tips on the forum here. Do a quick search for them and try applying them step by step.

Let us know what you do to tweak your site and if it is giving you positive results on your search engine rankings.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

No ive never ran into any problems like that, and I think its because I give them an oppurtunity to contact me before we start. I have had a couple of my weekly mowing customers say lets do bi-weekly for this first month after the first mow or, something like that. I've never had a problem with a customer saying they werent going to pay, because we started too early. I do give all of my clients cleanups, and I did have one lady who refused to pay for her cleanup, because she didn't request it two years ago. I didn't even charge her any more than her regular mowing. Anyways, she was a real problem of a customer, so I was glad to let her $35 dollars go to not have to deal with her anymore
      Logan Hershberger

Comment

I do give all of my clients cleanups, and I did have one lady who refused to pay for her cleanup, because she didn't request it two years ago. I didn't even charge her any more than her regular mowing. Anyways, she was a real problem of a customer, so I was glad to let her $35 dollars go to not have to deal with her anymore
        When it comes time for the cleanups, what is your view on how best to handle this? Should a call be given before hand or do you try and keep the price for all of them, the same price as the weekly mowing so it's not something that will really stand out in their bill.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

After the situation with the client I mentioned above. I put a bulletin regarding the cleanups in our startup letter last year explaining that all of our customers will receive cleanups and there may be a small extra charge for the disposal of the leaves. I also let all of them know that they are getting a discounted rate on this service. My disposal charge is ususally $15. So, for a regular mowing customer who's price is 37.50 their charge would be 52.50, but for a client who just calls me once a year for a cleanup it would be significantly more, like $105. Also, on the regular customers I put how much time we were at their property for the cleanup, and once they see how much time we spent on their leaves for the price they get that alleviates all their concerns
          Logan Hershberger

Comment

I guess the theory behind that might be that because you are there at the customers property weekly, there is less to cleanup?

Also do you wait until all the leaves are off the trees to do your final cleanup of the year or do you at times have to come back to touch it up?

Comment

Yea, we try to stay on our weekly-biweekly, schedule throughout the leaf season, so everybody gets several cleanups, but there are a few who request that we wait until all the leaves fall. We charge them the full cleanup price.
              Logan Hershberger

Comment

Working...
              X