No announcement yet.

Hello from Southwest Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Make sure most of the accounts will transfer.
    How does one go about doing this?

Also, did you ever ask the previous owner why they were selling? Was that important for you to know?

Did you have some kind of non-compete contract so the owner couldn't restart a new business and take back the customers?

Did you take over any employees?

How did the customers who were sold, take to you?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

How does one go about doing this?

Also, did you ever ask the previous owner why they were selling? Was that important for you to know?

Did you have some kind of non-compete contract so the owner couldn't restart a new business and take back the customers?

Did you take over any employees?

How did the customers who were sold, take to you?
      I met with as many customers as I could before the sale.
      I also ran the business for a month before we sent out letters announcing the sale.

The previous owner had some medical problems that forced the sale.
      I did not do a no compete - actually he still refers customers to me. If it had been any other scenario, I probably would have done a no compete.

Did I take any employees - no. He only used a couple people part time. I wanted to run it by myself, along with my wife, starting out, just to make sure that my customers were happy.

How did the customers take to me? I only lost one customer, who was about to cancel their service anyways. The rest of them have been fine with the change.

Comment

Working...
      X