Hi from Australia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Australia

Hi all, I've been lurking here for a while and thought I'd better introduce myself. I currently am off work having just had an opperation to repair a tendon in my shoulder, my doctor and surgeon are of the opinion that I may not be able to go back to my old job as a tree surgeon. I am looking to start up as a lawncare, general gardening, leaf removal, rubbish removal, light tree care type of business in 6 to 12 months if the shoulder comes back together ok. So here I am lurking and reading everything I can picking up some ideas. Thanks for providing a great forum.

Regards
    Graeme

Hi Graeme,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of skills do you feel you learned from previously being a tree surgeon?

How did you market or sell that service? Could you still offer those services and have an employee perform them?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Hi Steve, thanks for the welcome. When I was injured I was actually an employee with local government tree surgery department, so I have learned a lot about trees, and have just about finished a years study at the local hoticultural college. Now is the right time of the year to start a business as it is spring in the Southern Hemisphere, but with one arm I can't get much done. I will plan to make a start next winter and ease myself in during the quiet months, I am only interested in quality work, the lowballers can have the "cheap" customers and their work. I figure that horticultural qualifications will give me an edge over the lowballers in attracting quality clients. I live in a village on the outskirts of Canberra which as you may know is Australias capital city, there is a lot of embassies, they all have large grounds that are well maintained and their staff mostly live in prestige properties in the city, there is a lot of work here, I just need to get my small share of it. Canberra is a city of cash rich, but time poor people. I am in research mode at present, at this stage I feel that this is what I want to do but what the future holds, who knows?

Best Regards
      Graeme

Comment

good to have you jump into the best lawn care forum on the planet. welcome Graeme!

Comment

I would think if you played up all your tree experience, it would be a great way to attract customers for lawn care too.
          I am in research mode at present, at this stage I feel that this is what I want to do but what the future holds, who knows?
          What kinds of things have been standing out from your research?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Graeme!

I get tons of business from Australia!

Thanx!
            Artie Crowley
            www.marketingholders.com
            sales@marketingholders.com

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X