help me please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me please

last year I started cutting grass, i got about 10 accounts last year, all are still needing my services this year..and ideads on how to exspand me work...i really need at least 50 accounts ths year. also I moved out to the country. its some what populated but big properties any ideas on getting these accounts too?

Hi KYGRASSMAN,

Welcome to our site.

What have you been doing thus far to market your business?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

all i really been doing is flyers at the door.....I called all my old customers back asked about there christmas and seen if we was going to continue our buisness....you have any good ideas on marketing.....and also you know anything about dixie chopper mowers...

Comment

.I called all my old customers back asked about there christmas and seen if we was going to continue our buisness.
        That is fantastic! How did they respond to it? What do you think your turn over rate was from last year to this year? Are 100% of them returning?

Also are you handing out business cards to everyone you know? Are you a member of any community organizations you can use to help promote your services? Do all your friends and family have a bunch of cards from you to help you hand them out as well?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

100%

That is fantastic! How did they respond to it? What do you think your turn over rate was from last year to this year? Are 100% of them returning?

Also are you handing out business cards to everyone you know? Are you a member of any community organizations you can use to help promote your services? Do all your friends and family have a bunch of cards from you to help you hand them out as well?

Well so far it is a 100% turnover, got one of my buisnesses thats going threw a hard time right now...but just got 1000 buisness cards off vistaprint.com let everyone know about this site free cards just pay shipping... but everyone has my cards all lawnmower shops have them to give out to....just wondering whats th best promotion... a paper ad is like $350 you know if those generate enough to be worth it

Comment

.just wondering whats th best promotion... a paper ad is like $350 you know if those generate enough to be worth it
            I think the best and the cheapest is working your social network. Also have you considered using craigslist.com at all? That is free too.

Comment

yea never thought about doing that at all...what size trailor should i get to hold a 48 and a 36 walkbehind comfortly

Comment

yea never thought about doing that at all...what size trailor should i get to hold a 48 and a 36 walkbehind comfortly
                Where are you located
                DJ Carroll
                EasyPro Property Services
                502-525-3279

Comment

in louisville ky is where all my accounts are at i live right outta louisvile in spencer county....looking for equipment if you know of any at all

Comment

Lawn and Garden equipment.

Welcome.

I was in your neck of the woods a couple months ago for the Louisville Lawn and Garden expo. Dixie Chopper was there with a huge display...got to check out their XCaliber series. Any questions I might be able to answer?

Also, when you say a newspaper ad, where in the paper are you placing it? I have done extensive newspaper advertising over the years and can give you some pointers of what works and what doesn't. Don't neglect the free advertising that Steve pointed out too. You need a well rounded marketing plan especially this year when times are a bit tough. Any advantage you can gain will help you.
                    Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

in louisville ky is where all my accounts are at i live right outta louisvile in spencer county....looking for equipment if you know of any at all
                      OK cool im in carrollton. I'll be in louisville on the 29th for a HBAL meeting if you wanna meet up for lunch just let me know
                      DJ Carroll
                      502-525-3279

Comment

Welcome.

Also, when you say a newspaper ad, where in the paper are you placing it? I have done extensive newspaper advertising over the years and can give you some pointers of what works and what doesn't. Don't neglect the free advertising that Steve pointed out too. You need a well rounded marketing plan especially this year when times are a bit tough. Any advantage you can gain will help you.

Keith
                        It would be in the classifeid section of the paper...and the craigslist was done about 2 minutes after i read it...cant beleive i didnt even think of that

Comment

OK cool im in carrollton. I'll be in louisville on the 29th for a HBAL meeting
                          What it a hbal meeting.....so you live in carrollton, i used to deliver electric motors down there every day to NAS you any where near there

Comment

What it a hbal meeting.....so you live in carrollton, i used to deliver electric motors down there every day to NAS you any where near there
                            Yep bout ten min from NAS i live right in town . . . HBAL is Home Builders Association of Louisville. I am an associate member, and we are having a meeting at 2 so I'm heading down that morning to bid some jobs and then to my meeting then come back to carrollton to class at 6 . . . I have a job coming up cleaning part of a building over on crittenden dr when it warms up
                            DJ Carroll
                            502-525-3279

Comment

Yep bout ten min from NAS i live right in town . . . HBAL is Home Builders Association of Louisville. I am an associate member, and we are having a meeting at 2 so I'm heading down that morning to bid some jobs and then to my meeting then come back to carrollton to class at 6 . . . I have a job coming up cleaning part of a building over on crittenden dr when it warms up
                              I think it is fantastic you take part in these meetings. Can you give us a little advice on how to get the most out of such meetings? How do you use them to market your business?

Comment

Working...
                              X