No announcement yet.

Could you explain your experience here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you explain your experience here?

Could you explain your normal experience here on this forum?

Do you find yourself reading more than posting? Or the other way around?

What is your view on posting?

Do you like creating your own topics or no and why?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

I read as much if not more than I post if that is possiable.LOL

I like everything about this site.

My view on posting is this; Don't be affaid to post for fear of thinking you'll sound stupid. The only stupid question is an unasked question.

Yes I like to create some of my own post to see what others have to say about it and it helps me learn more.

Comment

I like this site , if I have a ? I know I will be helped , I like to see what others thank and what they are doing to get ahead in life, I like to post and read I thank I read more , this site is realy good for all , if your just starting out or been there done that you still can learn something new. I would like to sey thank you Steve for starting this site!

Comment

I like to post and read.

Its interesting to see people the same situations I was in when I started.
        Its nice to be able to help others like they have helped me.

Its also a friendly place; opposite of some other forums.

Its nice to talk about things that make you think.

I find myself doing about the same for both.
        Rob
        Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

Thanks for all of your insights.

I do wonder at times what keeps members from posting.

I wonder if it is they are afraid or shy or what it is.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Quote[/b] ]I do wonder at times what keeps members from posting.

I wonder if it is they are afraid or shy or what it is.
            I think thats probably it. Or they feel that they are going to ask something stupid. I don't know why though. Its not like we know who they are or anything.

Or maybe come traumatized from other sites and are scared to post here.
            Rob

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

Good points!

I tend to forget how difficult it can be to post and ask a question because I am posting all the time.

Comment

I love the forum! *It has been extremely helpful to me and our business in many ways.

While I do find myslef reading more than posting it is not really because I do not like to post.

Sometimes all time allows is a quick read of topics that catch your interest. *A lot of times I have a response to topics I am reading but I don't have time to repeat a response that I agree with that has been already written so I opt to spend more time reading

Tara Gray
                Green Paws Lawn Care
                http://www.greenpawslawncare.com

Comment

Very interesting!

Could you explain to me how you find the posts you want to read? Do you search for them, use the new post feature, review different forum sections? Or just go by title?

Comment

Usually unless I am searching for one specific topic I just hit new post and read whatever catches my interest
                    Tara Gray
                    Green Paws Lawn Care
                    http://www.greenpawslawncare.com

Comment

You know what's funny, I didn't start doing that until a few years into running this board LOL. Then I was like, Oh whats this feature? HAHAHHAHA

Comment

Me to. I would just go thru the forum and see if there was any new posts.
                        Then I saw the New Post option and thats alot more convienient.
                        Rob

Comment

I found this board last spring. *After lurking a few weeks, I posted a few ideas for new business owners. *I think it is the nature of message boards that more people lurk than post. It would be nice though if every lurker would pipe up occasionally even if just to say "hi."

I find Steve's energy and enthusiasm contagious. *I've never heard a harsh word from him. *That positivity spills over into the rest of us. *It's good to be able to throw out ideas here. *If they are bad ideas, we're told a better path...there's no fear of being called a doofus. *

There's only one suggestion I can think of right now:

I visit my folks about once per week. *Since they have dial up internet access, the video at the top makes it difficult to surf this site from their house. *It would be nice to have an option to turn the video off...keeping it from loading on every page. *I have broadband so this is only an occasional issue.

Cheers Steve and cheers to all other forum members...here's to a banner year in 2008!

Keith
                          Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

Could you explain your normal experience here on this forum?

Do you find yourself reading more than posting? Or the other way around?

What is your view on posting?

Do you like creating your own topics or no and why?
                            Being new I have a hard time looking for the subject I would like to talk about so I post one. I'm trying to slow down on that and step back and read for a while.

Comment

it's a very helpful place.
                              I post only when I can truly add an opinion from experience or when I need an opinion from across the board.
                              And I do like the friendly attitude here......everyone is different.....everyone's businesses here are different and that's what I love. To get opinions from across the country from experienced folks is priceless. Read, read, read, read, read. When someone asks about a trimmer and you get 20 responses from folks saying it's the best trimmer they've ever used, I make note of information like that and by gosh go buy that trimmer. It saves the headache of spending a season messing with one that you could have avoided.

So, hopefully, those who haven't posted will chime in when they feel they can be of help.

Comment

Working...
                              X