No announcement yet.

How do contracts work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a suggestion when using PayPal... Keep in mind that they charge a fee when someone pays you (2.9% + $0.30). If I were going to take PayPal payments, I would charge the customer a "Service Fee" of that much to allow them to pay using PayPal. I mean, other people do it... people charge $5 all the time to take payments by phone and etc...

Just my thoughts.

Comment

Quote[/b] (pmblair @ Oct. 22 2007,12:44)]Here's a suggestion when using PayPal... Keep in mind that they charge a fee when someone pays you (2.9% + $0.30). *If I were going to take PayPal payments, I would charge the customer a "Service Fee" of that much to allow them to pay using PayPal. *I mean, other people do it... people charge $5 all the time to take payments by phone and etc...

Just my thoughts.
      Be careful charging people extra for using a credit cad, FEDERAL GOVERMENT has put a stop to it. You can no longer charge extra for accpeting credit cards. Payments by phone are on overdue payments not on current payment and that fee is for convience of paying by phone to bring the account up-to-date not for using a credit card.

Comment

Tim that is a very good point. I don't know about paypal, but most credit card merchant accounts forbid you from charging a customer extra for using a credit card. I do think an exception was made for gas stations because the profit margins are so slight.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

That must be why some small stores have signs posted - Credit Cards Accepted

Stores can charge extra for debit purchases though. At least in Washington.
          Rob
          Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

Yeah, I'm in Oregon, and all the time at those small minute markets like 7-11 and others, they charge .35 when paying with my cards, and its been that way for atleast the last year.

Comment

Quote[/b] ]That must be why some small stores have signs posted - Credit Cards Accepted
              I meant NOT accepted.
              Rob
              Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

Ok, let's revamp... I didn't say anything about an extra fee for using a credit card... I said an extra charge for using PayPal. PayPal can come from a checking account, too... or there can be no account associated with it.... could be money they got paid for something... .

....and the fee would be for their convenience... just like the charge for paying another company with check by phone.

Comment

Working...
                X