No announcement yet.

New to Snow Removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. My uncle told me to always have a charged phone as people were calling left and right!
    2. Well we had tons of deep and also wet and frozen snow so he told me to....In deep snow raise the plow several inches off the ground to shear off the top layer. With the Power-V Plow, use the V-position for the first pass. Then change to the Scoop or Angle-position to widen things out. You should push just enough snow with each pass to get the job done efficiently without overloading your equipment. A good rule of thumb is to use a full blade width for two inches of snow or less, three quarters of the blade for four inches of snow and a half blade for six inches of snow or more. (Very helpful tip)
    3. Also he said come prepared if a plow or blower breaks down so bring extra parts... that includes extra hydraulic fluid, hydraulic hoses, a pump solenoid, extra cutting-edge bolts and a trip spring. He said this will eliminate from having to go home and since we serviced so many properties it is bound to happen.
    4 He told me to make sure that I make myself and vehicle visible by using a strobe light or backup lights to the vehicle and wear a bright neon colored vest.
    5. Told me to make sure I know where the customer wants me to plow their snow.

That is all the tips I can remember it was actually one of the best experiences i had in the landscaping industry. Since I'm young I actually liked working in the middle of the night with very little sleep.

Curtis Michael
    President
    The Grounds Crew
    (425) 765-2638
    www.thegroundscrewllc.com

Comment

Have the customer open their garage door and push in all the snow.

lol.

Am I a genius? I think I'm on to something here...

Comment

1. My uncle told me to always have a charged phone as people were calling left and right!
        2. Well we had tons of deep and also wet and frozen snow so he told me to....In deep snow raise the plow several inches off the ground to shear off the top layer. With the Power-V Plow, use the V-position for the first pass. Then change to the Scoop or Angle-position to widen things out. You should push just enough snow with each pass to get the job done efficiently without overloading your equipment. A good rule of thumb is to use a full blade width for two inches of snow or less, three quarters of the blade for four inches of snow and a half blade for six inches of snow or more. (Very helpful tip)
        3. Also he said come prepared if a plow or blower breaks down so bring extra parts... that includes extra hydraulic fluid, hydraulic hoses, a pump solenoid, extra cutting-edge bolts and a trip spring. He said this will eliminate from having to go home and since we serviced so many properties it is bound to happen.
        4 He told me to make sure that I make myself and vehicle visible by using a strobe light or backup lights to the vehicle and wear a bright neon colored vest.

That is all the tips I can remember it was actually one of the best experiences i had in the landscaping industry. Since I'm young I actually liked working in the middle of the night with very little sleep.
        Thanks for the tips!!!! Any more would be great since I am a newbie.

Comment

Working...
        X