craftsman vs. cub cadet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craftsman vs. cub cadet

I am thinking of buying a riding lawn mower. I have been looking at 20 hp 42" lawn mowers from craftsman and cub cadet. They are about the same price, so I was wondering if people think one is better than the other. pros and cons of each? i would also use this mower for plowing/blowing in th winter. help?

Depends on what your usage will be, if its just for your own driveway and yard, or if its for the business. Craftsman is more for personal useage, not a very good machine to depend on for several lawns a day all week long. I started with a 42" craftsman mower, it has given me 2 years of service for the business but I have also put quite a bit into it in deck repairs etc.
    http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

As noted, personal or commercial, may help if you post the model numbers. I know very little about cub, it seems to be rare that I hear anything good about Craftsman, I do know I see their products at the local Deere dealership every week for repair as the local Sears seems to be out straight on a constant basis fixing things. It's quite a site after our first major snow storm.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

the mower would be for a commercial use. i would be happy if i had 10 lawns a week with it though. as for snow removal, 10 driveways a storm, with about 5 decent storms a year. the craftsman one's item # is 07128922000. the cub cadet is the ltx-1040.

Comment

I am thinking of buying a riding lawn mower. I have been looking at 20 hp 42" lawn mowers from craftsman and cub cadet. They are about the same price, so I was wondering if people think one is better than the other. pros and cons of each? i would also use this mower for plowing/blowing in th winter. help?
          There both junk I wouldn't buy either.
          Your better off buying a used John Deere (not the ones they sell at HomeDepot)
          Especially if your gonna use it for snow removal. Deere's attachments are much better.

Comment

There both junk I wouldn't buy either.
            Your better off buying a used John Deere (not the ones they sell at HomeDepot)
            Especially if your gonna use it for snow removal. Deere's attachments are much better.
            Agreed, these are entry level homeowner units, you would probably get a year or two out of them however I would personally get a used garden tractor, not a lawn tractor, if for commercial use. You can search used ones in your area on Machine Finder http://www.machinefinder.com/
            Andy
            Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

ok i will look at that. what is the difference between a garden tractor and a lawn tractor?

Comment

ok i will look at that. what is the difference between a garden tractor and a lawn tractor?
                Serious differences from the motor, frame, transmission, front end etc. I think just about every manufacturer makes a low cost entry level tractor but the larger companies, Deere, Kubota, Cub also make a commercial unit which is referred to as a Garden Tractor. One is made with a 400+ hour life, garden tractors are 2,500 plus and will take the abuse.
                Andy
                Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

ok so the garden tractors are built bigger and will last longer, which is what i need. which company makes tractors that need the least amount of repairs?

Comment

ok so the garden tractors are built bigger and will last longer, which is what i need. which company makes tractors that need the least amount of repairs?
                    I am bias to John Deere as I have a lot of their gear, Garden Tractors, CUTS, Backhoe's and excavators, Kubota, Massey and others make excellent tractors also, what is critical is a good local dealer. I also belong to My Tractor Forum, any question you could have has probably been answered there by brand, by size of machine. You may want to take a quick read there also. It's a massive forum with thousands of users http://www.mytractorforum.com/
                    Andy
                    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Craftsman and cub cadet are both made by MTD
                      so just pick the color you like better
                      John @ ProCut Turf Management
                      former sn: ProCut TM went down so this is my new sn

Comment

would a decent walk behind be better than a riding/garden tractor? i know i wouldn't be able to do many other things with it(i.e. plowing, hauling, etc.) but i have heard from a family friend who owns a business that they are more reliable and work better. would getting a decent wide-are walk-behind and a snowblower be equivalent to a garden tractor with a blower attachment? and the walking part is not a factor.

Comment

would a decent walk behind be better than a riding/garden tractor? i know i wouldn't be able to do many other things with it(i.e. plowing, hauling, etc.) but i have heard from a family friend who owns a business that they are more reliable and work better. would getting a decent wide-are walk-behind and a snowblower be equivalent to a garden tractor with a blower attachment? and the walking part is not a factor.
                          any zero turn will work faster that a traditional rider. that being said they make lawn tractors that have zero turn and then would be able to have the plow and other attachments. something to think about
                          John @ ProCut Turf Management
                          former sn: ProCut TM went down so this is my new sn

Comment

Craftsman and cub cadet are both made by MTD
                            so just pick the color you like better

That's funny.

Comment

what would be a good size deck for a walk behind? i've been told between 33-48". would a smaller deck be better for manuverability or a larger deck for getting lawns done quicker be better?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X