No announcement yet.

Truck Wall Idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres a quick picture i came up with, it has a light bar attached to the sides of the walls.

This could be a cool little attachment to offer as well..
    Attached Files
    Just Kut Lawn and Landscape
    "Where Service is Always in Season"
    Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud.

Comment

Nah those were posted as a joke. I think you have a good idea going.

For someone that wants a permanent solution like MAK, take some design ideas from a over the cab ladder rack.
      Pat

Comment

Nah those were posted as a joke. I think you have a good idea going.

For someone that wants a permanent solution like MAK, take some design ideas from a over the cab ladder rack.
        Thats a great idea it could also be a good place to store some things like shovels rakes weed eaters etc. EVEN A LADDER ahah

im gonna go to kmart tomorrow and buy a bigger toy truck and see if i can come up with some small prototypes and see what works best before i blow it up into a big prototype and waste 300 dollars

Comment

Do you think the weight in the back would really play a big issue? as long as your hauling what your truck is rated for id imagine youd be fine..just because its increasing the volume of the area you can store stuff in dosnt make it any heavier..

if its an issue where your constantly hauling in the bed it would also be a smart idea to invest in getting better shocks in the back with a couple inches lifted..but i dont think it would be necessary
          Lol an Air bag kit would be better and easier and cheaper probably then lifting and shocks. Now with that said be care full not to over load it. The air bags are ment to keep the load level not care more then your rated for.
          Colton
          Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

thats true

do you think this is something that would be used? do you think there is a market for it? would you yourself be interested in having one of these?

Comment

Im not really against it. But I just dont think its all that professional looking. I know what you mean as I said earlier I make the trailer do all the work. And I think there is a way to maximize the set up with high sides on the truck or even a flat bed with stake sides(or some variation) with the hydo dump ram. Or just a complete dump bed install.

I think thats meant more for the consummers that want to use their truck to do more. Witch is what you are trying to do but on a commercial level. I dont know what it is about ply wood but it just erks me. And even the sheet metal look sitting on top of the truck bed just isnt for me.
              Colton
              Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

Im not really against it. But I just dont think its all that professional looking. I know what you mean as I said earlier I make the trailer do all the work. And I think there is a way to maximize the set up with high sides on the truck or even a flat bed with stake sides(or some variation) with the hydo dump ram. Or just a complete dump bed install.

I think thats meant more for the consummers that want to use their truck to do more. Witch is what you are trying to do but on a commercial level. I dont know what it is about ply wood but it just erks me. And even the sheet metal look sitting on top of the truck bed just isnt for me.
                I understand where your coming from. Do you think there is a way to maximize its appeal? what if we put a flat sheet metal over top with some sort of paint job..you could use it to advertise your company..
                or even go a step farther and round the metal up top and color match it to look like a truck cap but with not top..

Comment

this could even go a step farther and we could do some type of resin or fiberglass shell around it but i think that would be too complicated..or something to look at if it actually got into some sort of minor production

Comment

Well to me what would look right is the siding on those dump trailers. its like 2x4 steel with sheet metal.

It propably over kill witch is why I would rather just replace the whole bed of the truck. But thats me. And thats expensive.

Your idea would deffinently be a cheaper alternative.
                    Attached Files
                    Colton

Comment

Well to me what would look right is the siding on those dump trailers. its like 2x4 steel with sheet metal.

It propably over kill witch is why I would rather just replace the whole bed of the truck. But thats me. And thats expensive.

Your idea would deffinently be a cheaper alternative.
                      Thats what would be done with the metal

i would use the square steel tubing and metal sheeting behind it

it was planning on painting it black but i never showed a picture of it..instead i used diamond plate to show that it was metal

Comment

Working...
                      X