No announcement yet.

Yes or No

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we would average a few tons in the back of those vans [mainly diesel engines ,huge differentials,transmisions etc. ],awesome traction .I am thinking the service box is aluminum ,maybe 1000 lbs ? mechanics tools are very heavy,but if they are carpentry tools there really isnt much weight there,especially with two 19 or 19.5 inch 14 ply tires per rear corner .It really all depends on what he's filling the box with ,but I would say anything less than about 3000 lbs he would be better off with something else .
    I just checked internet on price of 19.5 tires they are proud of them bout 362.00 a tire looking at this truck in a different way now thats kind of high for tires
    2009 Jeep X
    2010 Jeep Ruby unlimited
    2005 Durango
    36" Toro Grandstand
    48" Toro Grandstand
    60" Toro Grandstand
    Billy Goat debris loader
    Toro Mini Track Loader
    2-82" by 12' Atlas Trailers
    Echo Backpack Blowers
    Echo Trimmers

Comment

Back up the horses....

I just read that this is a F550..... Is that correct?

If so before you even think about purchasing, talk to your auto insurance agent. Some insurance companies consider that a heavy duty truck (which it is) but the upcharge for the insurance more than offsets any advantage you will get.
      Pat

Comment

best deal you will find you can swap the body for a dump, reg bed whatever. look around you can get a great deal on tires just shop the truck is a deal of a life time. like you said creager the guy selling it just got a new one for 60 grand and guess what ford hasent kept the same motor in a truck for over 4 years since the international 7.3L. you have a great deal drive it for 5 years and still sell it for more then what you paid.

Comment

best deal you will find you can swap the body for a dump, reg bed whatever. look around you can get a great deal on tires just shop the truck is a deal of a life time. like you said creager the guy selling it just got a new one for 60 grand and guess what ford hasent kept the same motor in a truck for over 4 years since the international 7.3L. you have a great deal drive it for 5 years and still sell it for more then what you paid.
          Thanks kevin I think I will get it I'm buying it from my brother in law he buys fleet and said he has some one he gets tires from cheap as far as the service body I'll keep it need the storage for tools and I was going to add a gas compressor on top of one of the boxes so I can have air if needed. My customers are unique I was doing a fence repair the other day and lady came out asked if I could replace the valve in her toilet. I do alot of other service work besides just mowing and snow removal and this will be nice to have all my tools with me at all times, only so much I can get in my jeeps
          2009 Jeep X
          2010 Jeep Ruby unlimited
          2005 Durango
          36" Toro Grandstand
          48" Toro Grandstand
          60" Toro Grandstand
          Billy Goat debris loader
          Toro Mini Track Loader
          Echo Backpack Blowers
          Echo Trimmers

Comment

And for snow plows I seen a you tube video on a hiniker C-plow any ideas I have never seen a plow like this Is it a hiniker exclusive the back drag capabilitie would be good, my jeeps I use Sno-way only cause of being lightweight What is everyone else using for plows?
            2009 Jeep X
            2010 Jeep Ruby unlimited
            2005 Durango
            36" Toro Grandstand
            48" Toro Grandstand
            60" Toro Grandstand
            Billy Goat debris loader
            Toro Mini Track Loader
            Echo Backpack Blowers
            Echo Trimmers

Comment

Back up the horses....

I just read that this is a F550..... Is that correct?

If so before you even think about purchasing, talk to your auto insurance agent. Some insurance companies consider that a heavy duty truck (which it is) but the upcharge for the insurance more than offsets any advantage you will get.
              F-550 is correct Insurance man told me Full coverage would cost me $62 a month so bout $750 a year we have everything insured through same agent so I'm not that worried about insurance we get big discounts
              2009 Jeep X
              2010 Jeep Ruby unlimited
              2005 Durango
              36" Toro Grandstand
              48" Toro Grandstand
              60" Toro Grandstand
              Billy Goat debris loader
              Toro Mini Track Loader
              Echo Backpack Blowers
              Echo Trimmers

Comment

Well in that case go for it.

I had a friend that bought a 550 and then went to get insurance. His 450 was around $800 but this 550 was going to run $2200.
                Pat

Comment

i think i would see what else is out there with close or the same ammount of power.. you dont need a whole lot to push some snow around..get something with a good transmission package and power.

This sure would have some power but i think it would have too much
                  plus running a 7+ litre engine will run you up the wall in gas if its a regular driver

also im not sure if its a diesel or not but putting a plow on a diesel truck just isnt a good idea..

also the tool box bed takes away from the lawn care
                  if i saw you down the road id think..electrician..plumber..nipsco..not lawn care..
                  plus

what will you use those spaces for? some gloves? trimmer line? maybe a bungee chord or 2? id look into getting a standard or extended bed.

For the truck it may be a good deal..but its just not practical for the line of work..
                  Just Kut Lawn and Landscape
                  "Where Service is Always in Season"
                  Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud.

Comment

i think i would see what else is out there with close or the same ammount of power.. you dont need a whole lot to push some snow around..get something with a good transmission package and power.

This sure would have some power but i think it would have too much
                    plus running a 7+ litre engine will run you up the wall in gas if its a regular driver

also im not sure if its a diesel or not but putting a plow on a diesel truck just isnt a good idea..

also the tool box bed takes away from the lawn care
                    if i saw you down the road id think..electrician..plumber..nipsco..not lawn care..
                    plus

what will you use those spaces for? some gloves? trimmer line? maybe a bungee chord or 2? id look into getting a standard or extended bed.

For the truck it may be a good deal..but its just not practical for the line of work..
                    as i quoted earlier I provide more services then just lawn and snow I do tree work, gutter clean out, window washing, power washing, holiday lighting, home maintenance work, I have alot of tools and at present I have to go back to the house if customer ask for other work while im mowing if I have everything on truck I cut down my wasted drive time, as far as diesels for pushing snow thats all they use in my area we get a $hit ton of snow my two jeeps that I have now for pushing snow have been outfitted with cummins diesels
                    2009 Jeep X
                    2010 Jeep Ruby unlimited
                    2005 Durango
                    36" Toro Grandstand
                    48" Toro Grandstand
                    60" Toro Grandstand
                    Billy Goat debris loader
                    Toro Mini Track Loader
                    Echo Backpack Blowers
                    Echo Trimmers

Comment

lol Im a little confused at the diesel truck comment not being good for pushing snow? How is it not?
                      Colton
                      Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

lol Im a little confused at the diesel truck comment not being good for pushing snow? How is it not?
                        I'm really confused majority here use diesel I didn't get the reason either
                        2009 Jeep X
                        2010 Jeep Ruby unlimited
                        2005 Durango
                        36" Toro Grandstand
                        48" Toro Grandstand
                        60" Toro Grandstand
                        Billy Goat debris loader
                        Toro Mini Track Loader
                        Echo Backpack Blowers
                        Echo Trimmers

Comment

I would love to have that truck for my lawn service. Though for my uses I'd probably get rid of the utility box and put on a dovetail.
                          Hungry Goat Lawn Service, Deltona, FL

Comment

Working...
                          X