Yes or No

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes or No

My wife's brother is selling one of his service trucks 2001 F-550 7.3 liter turbo diesel has 49000 mile on it. He said he would sell to me for $14,500 Anyone use this type of truck? and is price good? I've always used Jeeps in my business for snow and pulling my trailers, I see potential with this truck add a blizzard plow and I think it would be a good investment.
    Attached Files
    2009 Jeep X
    2010 Jeep Ruby unlimited
    2005 Durango
    36" Toro Grandstand
    48" Toro Grandstand
    60" Toro Grandstand
    Billy Goat debris loader
    Toro Mini Track Loader
    2-82" by 12' Atlas Trailers
    Echo Backpack Blowers
    Echo Trimmers

Can't comment on the price at all but that would be all the truck you would ever need. Nice and heavy for the snow stuff too....
    Colton
    Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

10 years old, a service truck and it only has 49000 miles on it? That has me wondering how he managed to keep such low miles on it over a 10 year span. I would have a mechanic check it out completely before paying that much for a 10 year old truck.
      http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

I agree with Jymie on that one. Why so low of miles and why is it priced so high for a 10 year old vehicle? I would use www.kbb.com and get an estimate of how much it is worth.

Matt

Comment

The thing I wonder is if it is just too much truck for a too specialized need? Do you need all that for plowing? Would it be better to have a pickup? Would it be more functional for you to have a pickup?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

From what i can see from the picture the truck is a 7.3L diesel(badge on door) 4x4(i see locking hubs) 1 ton with a service body. for 14k i would check that thinng out good and if it all checks out hand the man the money and run because that is a steal. i have 2 trucks with a 7.3L and it is the best ford motor in my opinion. 4x4 typicaly does not come in a commercial trucks unless it was ordered so you will have a heavy duty leaf spring pakage in the front end great for plowing and money you didnt have to spend. the truck bed will come in handy big time you can keep a ton of tools in them and locked up and still put a pallet in the bed. i would say HELL YEA. or i will buy it

Comment

I agree with Jymie on that one. Why so low of miles and why is it priced so high for a 10 year old vehicle? I would use www.kbb.com and get an estimate of how much it is worth.

Matt
              I would say because of low miles and no rust he was actually going to advertise it for 21000 but I've been looking to buy a heavy duty truck that i could keep tools in. He sells all his vehiclesaround 50,000 miles for some reason He bought a 2011 same set up to replace that one and it was $60,000 no way would I buy a new one
              2009 Jeep X
              2010 Jeep Ruby unlimited
              2005 Durango
              36" Toro Grandstand
              48" Toro Grandstand
              60" Toro Grandstand
              Billy Goat debris loader
              Toro Mini Track Loader
              Echo Backpack Blowers
              Echo Trimmers

Comment

The thing I wonder is if it is just too much truck for a too specialized need? Do you need all that for plowing? Would it be better to have a pickup? Would it be more functional for you to have a pickup?
                Looking more for tool storage but will add plow, I do lot of home maintenance things for extra income when things are slow so have lot of tools I wouldnt normally carry just doing lawns
                2009 Jeep X
                2010 Jeep Ruby unlimited
                2005 Durango
                36" Toro Grandstand
                48" Toro Grandstand
                60" Toro Grandstand
                Billy Goat debris loader
                Toro Mini Track Loader
                Echo Backpack Blowers
                Echo Trimmers

Comment

10 years old, a service truck and it only has 49000 miles on it? That has me wondering how he managed to keep such low miles on it over a 10 year span. I would have a mechanic check it out completely before paying that much for a 10 year old truck.
                  He has a large air conditioning business employs bout 175 people and his techs take trucks home with them and they work very tight are close to their house and all parts they need are brought to them in the field from a little truck gas saver Did have mechanic look and he said he's never seen a truck in that good of shape, engine bay very clean no leaks, only thing he seen was it had original tires and said they are getting close to needing replaced, the back of bed between tool boxes has been rhino lined. He is going to give me all the maintenance records for truck if I buy it
                  2009 Jeep X
                  2010 Jeep Ruby unlimited
                  2005 Durango
                  36" Toro Grandstand
                  48" Toro Grandstand
                  60" Toro Grandstand
                  Billy Goat debris loader
                  Toro Mini Track Loader
                  Echo Backpack Blowers
                  Echo Trimmers

Comment

7.3L is the best Engine out there. In 2004 Ford came out with a 6.0L and alot of people hate it and wish they still had a 7.3L.
                    www.painelesscreations.com
                    Visit us on Facebook
                    http://www.facebook.com/PainelessCreations

Comment

7.3L is the best Engine out there. In 2004 Ford came out with a 6.0L and alot of people hate it and wish they still had a 7.3L.
                      I've heard that, only reason i'm considering this purchase I'm not really a ford person but I have heard good on the 7.3 and for the condition this truck is in and price I think it would be a good addition to my biz F-550 might be little overkill but I think it would be better suited for plowing then something smaller, Don't get me wrong I love my jeeps with plows easy to manuever kinda like having a UTV but more power.
                      2009 Jeep X
                      2010 Jeep Ruby unlimited
                      2005 Durango
                      36" Toro Grandstand
                      48" Toro Grandstand
                      60" Toro Grandstand
                      Billy Goat debris loader
                      Toro Mini Track Loader
                      Echo Backpack Blowers
                      Echo Trimmers

Comment

I used to have a fleet of 20 one ton ford diesel vans doing mine site deliveries,the old [94 down] non powerstroke engines would go 750,000 km before the rest of the van was done ,the 94 up powerstrokes wouldnt get to 200,000 km without very expensive engine repairs doing the identical work with the same drivers and maintenance schedules .That truck probably has 19 inch tires [very expensive around here] and unless you really load up the back heavy,will float over the snow much like a jeep with big tires which really doesnt make for a great plow truck .At the time I owned a commercial truck and trailer repair shop ,took care of about 80 diesel fords and the powerstrokes were a huge moneymaker for me ,except the ones I owned .

Comment

I used to have a fleet of 20 one ton ford diesel vans doing mine site deliveries,the old [94 down] non powerstroke engines would go 750,000 km before the rest of the van was done ,the 94 up powerstrokes wouldnt get to 200,000 km without very expensive engine repairs doing the identical work with the same drivers and maintenance schedules .That truck probably has 19 inch tires [very expensive around here] and unless you really load up the back heavy,will float over the snow much like a jeep with big tires which really doesnt make for a great plow truck .At the time I owned a commercial truck and trailer repair shop ,took care of about 80 diesel fords and the powerstrokes were a huge moneymaker for me ,except the ones I owned .
                          He should have plent of weight over the rear tires with that service body on back. Plus the weight of the tools. And those vans arent the greatest anywhere... used to drive one. The weight is carried differently on those vans and the tires are like pontoons.
                          Colton
                          Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

we would average a few tons in the back of those vans [mainly diesel engines ,huge differentials,transmisions etc. ],awesome traction .I am thinking the service box is aluminum ,maybe 1000 lbs ? mechanics tools are very heavy,but if they are carpentry tools there really isnt much weight there,especially with two 19 or 19.5 inch 14 ply tires per rear corner .It really all depends on what he's filling the box with ,but I would say anything less than about 3000 lbs he would be better off with something else .

Comment

He should have plent of weight over the rear tires with that service body on back. Plus the weight of the tools. And those vans arent the greatest anywhere... used to drive one. The weight is carried differently on those vans and the tires are like pontoons.
                              They use the F-550 alot in my area for Tow trucks and they seem to get around good with 4x4 I would definately purchase a more aggressive 19.5 tire to help traction
                              2009 Jeep X
                              2010 Jeep Ruby unlimited
                              2005 Durango
                              36" Toro Grandstand
                              48" Toro Grandstand
                              60" Toro Grandstand
                              Billy Goat debris loader
                              Toro Mini Track Loader
                              Echo Backpack Blowers
                              Echo Trimmers

Comment