Shopping in Texas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping in Texas

I made a friend the other day. We were both mowing our customers lawns side by side - till the rain screwed us both.

We had a 30 minute conversation as mother nature pressure washed the crap out of us.

He was talking about how badly he wanted a Walker Mower, & how when he goes down to Texas it's a dream. Apparently all the equipment sold there is less expensive than here.

e.g Walker Mower, $3,000.00

Anyone able to back up what he says?

We should start an online trade thread 'somehow'. I want some damn equipment, without traveling!

In Canada we sure do all live in igloos, but what's the grass look like down in Texas?

Take what I say as a grain of salt but from what ive found Colorado and Texas have the cheapest used equipment. Dont know about new though.
    Colton
    Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

My barber has been going state side to buy used power boats, brings them back and sells them, does this about 6 to 8 times a year and has been for over 20 years, he tells me on a regular basis he makes a very good living just off the boats. There are many things we can buy in the USA a lot cheaper than here, especially Cargo Trailers, they are a fraction of the cost....Just have to find the time.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Could you get on craigslist and look locally in tx to see what the prices are? That should help you see what the difference is.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Remember you have to figure in shipping and your time also. What you see is not always the total price....
          Pat

Comment

Working...
          X