No announcement yet.

Insurance, Jobs, and other questions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance, Jobs, and other questions...

Hi,

I'm John, I read these forums, but never really post anything. I have a small, one man, part-time landscaping, fencing/wood work, and lawn care business. I work mainly residential jobs in Houston, Tx. I was wondering if I really need to have a general liability policy? if so how much do you think? What are some way of getting more clean up jobs, where do I advertise? Thanks for all of your help. John M.

Try this

It's always a good idea to have some sort of liability insurance. You can get a little as 500,000 liability. Mine is based on my annual income so yours will vary but you can ask your local insurance agent for a quote.

Advertising:

Craigslist, newspaper, handing out business cards to everyone, fliers, phone book, service magic, word of mouth, local home magazines, etc.
    - if you do all this, your work is quality work, and your prices are fair then you should be able to get enough work.

Comment

Hi,

I'm John, I read these forums, but never really post anything. I have a small, one man, part-time landscaping, fencing/wood work, and lawn care business. I work mainly residential jobs in Houston, Tx. I was wondering if I really need to have a general liability policy? if so how much do you think? What are some way of getting more clean up jobs, where do I advertise? Thanks for all of your help. John M.
      Most of my school contracts and other ones require me to have minimum of 2 mil of liability insurance.

So i'd suggest you go with 1 mil or 2 mil depending on your jobs

Comment

Most commercial jobs will want min 1 mil in liability
        Colton
        Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

Hi John,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things have you been doing so far to market your business?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
          X