Need a ladder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a ladder

I do a lot of gutter cleaning, but most people who hired me recently all have roofs I can't get on.

I hate working on a ladder, though I'll use one to get on a roof.

These houses, /\ <- like that.

I have an 8ft ladder & a 30 foot death trap ladder that I will never use again.

What is a good 20ft ladder that has a support end. I never have assistants with me, & don't rely on people to hold the ladder.

Not to mention I put on a lot of weight on this winter, haha!

Anyway, I HATE extension ladders. I don't trust them.

This cools cool.

Last edited by CHEESE2009; 03-17-2010, 02:53 PM.

there are a few on craigslist for around 100 bucks, but i would spend the extra and get a new one. you never know what kind of problems a used 20 foot ladder is going to have.

Comment

there are a few on craigslist for around 100 bucks, but i would spend the extra and get a new one. you never know what kind of problems a used 20 foot ladder is going to have.
      Hahaha! I've had to jump off of a roof twice last season. Friggen ladders don't like to stay still long.

And I don't want a ladder that leans against the gutters.

Hmmm. I'll go check a few stores, I just hate the big price tags on them.

My 30ft ladder cost me an arm & leg, & it's a piece of crap.

I should just wear stilts.. Hahahaha!!!

Comment

I always use a ladder stabilizer when cleaning roofs. It keeps the ladder completely off the gutters of fascia. I also hammer in a crow bar over the first rung and into the ground to prevent it from kicking out. Works like a charm.
        Nick Wood
        info@cleankissimmee.com
        www.cleankissimmee.com

Comment

I also hammer in a crow bar over the first rung and into the ground to prevent it from kicking out. Works like a charm.
          I'd love to see a picture of how you do that and the size of it.

I wonder if there are other ways to do that. I have see some ladders with broad bases that are very helpful.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Well, I suppose I could reveal my super powers & just fly up to the gutters...

But the government will track me down & experiment on me

Comment

I was in the fire service for 4 years and for gutter cleaning i recommend trying to have a spotter to hold the ladder. You can perform what is known as a leg lock while your working on the ladder. Attached is a pic of an example of a leg lock. I could do this all the while being in full turnout gear and a bottle on my back and using various fire equipment and not ever fall. But you always want to make sure u have someone holding the ladder for you. this is a must. if you do not have a spotter. then find a way to anchor the ladder to the ground and building securely so you do not risk injury. hope this helps.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'd love to see a picture of how you do that and the size of it.

I wonder if there are other ways to do that. I have see some ladders with broad bases that are very helpful.
                Here you go
                Attached Files
                Nick Wood
                info@cleankissimmee.com
                www.cleankissimmee.com

Comment

Here you go
                  No kidding! I never even thought of that! Genius!
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
                  X