Need a ladder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a ladder

I do a lot of gutter cleaning, but most people who hired me recently all have roofs I can't get on.

I hate working on a ladder, though I'll use one to get on a roof.

These houses, /\ <- like that.

I have an 8ft ladder & a 30 foot death trap ladder that I will never use again.

What is a good 20ft ladder that has a support end. I never have assistants with me, & don't rely on people to hold the ladder.

Not to mention I put on a lot of weight on this winter, haha!

Anyway, I HATE extension ladders. I don't trust them.

This cools cool.

Last edited by CHEESE2009; 03-17-2010, 02:53 PM.

there are a few on craigslist for around 100 bucks, but i would spend the extra and get a new one. you never know what kind of problems a used 20 foot ladder is going to have.

Comment

there are a few on craigslist for around 100 bucks, but i would spend the extra and get a new one. you never know what kind of problems a used 20 foot ladder is going to have.
      Hahaha! I've had to jump off of a roof twice last season. Friggen ladders don't like to stay still long.

And I don't want a ladder that leans against the gutters.

Hmmm. I'll go check a few stores, I just hate the big price tags on them.

My 30ft ladder cost me an arm & leg, & it's a piece of crap.

I should just wear stilts.. Hahahaha!!!

Comment

I always use a ladder stabilizer when cleaning roofs. It keeps the ladder completely off the gutters of fascia. I also hammer in a crow bar over the first rung and into the ground to prevent it from kicking out. Works like a charm.
        Nick Wood
        info@cleankissimmee.com
        www.cleankissimmee.com

Comment

I also hammer in a crow bar over the first rung and into the ground to prevent it from kicking out. Works like a charm.
          I'd love to see a picture of how you do that and the size of it.

I wonder if there are other ways to do that. I have see some ladders with broad bases that are very helpful.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Well, I suppose I could reveal my super powers & just fly up to the gutters...

But the government will track me down & experiment on me

Comment

I was in the fire service for 4 years and for gutter cleaning i recommend trying to have a spotter to hold the ladder. You can perform what is known as a leg lock while your working on the ladder. Attached is a pic of an example of a leg lock. I could do this all the while being in full turnout gear and a bottle on my back and using various fire equipment and not ever fall. But you always want to make sure u have someone holding the ladder for you. this is a must. if you do not have a spotter. then find a way to anchor the ladder to the ground and building securely so you do not risk injury. hope this helps.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'd love to see a picture of how you do that and the size of it.

I wonder if there are other ways to do that. I have see some ladders with broad bases that are very helpful.
                Here you go
                Attached Files
                Nick Wood
                info@cleankissimmee.com
                www.cleankissimmee.com

Comment

Here you go
                  No kidding! I never even thought of that! Genius!
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X