Weed Eaters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weed Eaters?

Sorry to be so naive here but what is a weed eater? I know I'm from England and all but I've never heard the term before and I must say it sounds pretty cool!
    If its a gadget that make weeding people's gardens a lot easier then I wanna know more...

Answered my own question...

Sorry to be so naive here but what is a weed eater? I know I'm from England and all but I've never heard the term before and I must say it sounds pretty cool!
    If its a gadget that make weeding people's gardens a lot easier then I wanna know more...
    Righty oh then, so a weed eater is what we call a strimmer here in the UK, sorry to be a muppet
    I guess I'll task myself with putting together a UK to American and vice versa reference listing so I don't get confused with the terms in use on the Forum so my 1st entry is

US = Weed Eater UK= Strimmer / Brush cutter

Feel free to add your entries

Comment

Righty oh then, so a weed eater is what we call a strimmer here in the UK, sorry to be a muppet
      I guess I'll task myself with putting together a UK to American and vice versa reference listing so I don't get confused with the terms in use on the Forum so my 1st entry is

US = Weed Eater UK= Strimmer / Brush cutter

Feel free to add your entries
      There's actually more than one word for those.

Here's an explanation on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_trimmer

Comment

weed wacker, and as another member calls them 'whipper snappers' LOL
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

The correct term in the US is String Trimmer. Weed Eater is actually a brand and it is incorrect to call any machine other than the Weed Eater brand a "weed eater". Many people also just refer to them as a "trimmer".

Comment

The correct term in the US is String Trimmer. Weed Eater is actually a brand and it is incorrect to call any machine other than the Weed Eater brand a "weed eater". Many people also just refer to them as a "trimmer".

Well that's me told then, lol!

Comment

Working...
            X