fall clean up help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fall clean up help!

i was wondering if anyone could help me with a fall clean up problem. i bought and a little wonder high output blower 2 years ago and have learned all of the tricks to getting the best performance and power out of my blower, except when there is wind. Some of my customers have very open properties that the wind can really blow accross and i just have the toughest time blowing the leaves in any other direction than the direction the wind is blowing!! My buddy said there are "techniques" he uses to be able to work on windy days, but he wont give up any of his techniques! lol Does anyone know of anything that might help so that the leaves don't blow back over my head if i blow against the wind?
    Last edited by polarisrider4life; 10-02-2009, 07:53 PM.

Could you work with the wind and set up a tarp where you can blow a certain group of leaves into the tarp along with the wind and collect them like that?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

yes that could do it! a little more work and a little longer to do but i guess it's faster than sitting in front of the TV for the day haha. so simple of an idea but i never thought of it. thanks

Comment

Even a better thought, I use Snofence. Its cheap and you can reuse it again and again like a tarp. but the wind blows right through it, catching more leaves.

Comment

Even a better thought, I use Snofence. Its cheap and you can reuse it again and again like a tarp. but the wind blows right through it, catching more leaves.
          That is a great idea! When you are using it on a lawn how do you set it up?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Well I get my snofence from TSC. and the have those push in fence post so I use about six or so. And when I set them up I'll put them in a U shape and blow the leaves to the trap. That way if its windy I don't loose them when I vac them or bag them up. The whole process take about an hour to complete in a small lawn with about 4 trees.

Comment

Thats brilliant!

I'd love to see a picture of this in use!

Do you find you do this in the front and back yard depending on the size of the property or do you always just make one leaf pen? In the front? Near your truck maybe?

How big do you make the pen? How many feet of fence would be good to use?

Do you use a truck vac to vacuum them up?

Comment

Will do!

I will get some pics soon! I haven't started clean ups yet.

For me I use the snofence from TSC and it comes in like 25' rolls, I buy alot for drive ways so I use whats left over.

I will put it in the lawn about 40 ft or so away from the tree it gives me a chance to have a big work area. I use only one most of the time. Space the stakes out about 4- 5 ft apart then put the fence on the post.

I use a vac from the blower I have, its a old crapsmen...(craftsmen) I vac them into garbage cans most all the time unless its windy.
                Last edited by Dumore Landscape; 10-11-2009, 07:30 PM. Reason: quote

Comment

Would you do something like this?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Exactly Its like a leaf corral. I use it sometimes at the golf course where i work.

Comment

well i'm off to work in a little bit and i'm going to try out your idea! i got my snow fence and the blower loaded so i'm hoping you have found me the answer! I will update you guys later.

Comment

Take some pictures! I look forwards to hearing your results.

Comment

Defently take pictures! I also want to know how it works out for you!

Comment

sorry guys! I've just been overwhelmed with business the last 2 weeks!! Like seriously i can't even keep up, but everyday the photo's and testing out the snow fence on my 2 properties i need it for drives me crazy!! i really plan on getting them on but like i said, i tried door to door selling fall clean up and the results have been AMAZINGLY better than ANY form or advertising i have ever tied before so this is my craziest year yet!!!! i will get photo's on here within a week though! Sorry

Comment

I am happy to hear you are so busy! And I am looking forwards to your photos!

Comment

Working...
                              X