Employee uniforms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee uniforms

I had this crazy idea when I was designing our t shirts.
    This idea was to leave out contact information. Crazy right? My reasoning was I want a client to look for us. I have my marketing up and everything but t shirts is different. Very simple shirts logo front and back. That's it. Cheap to make and distribute. The best part is I don't want my shirts to bring in business. That's what my website and yelp does for me. Shirts give a client our name and now they look for us.

Something I tell my crew is I will never technically look or ask for work. That way I don't sound desperate. So far I been busy enough to where I can continue to work throughout the day and get a couple calls a day from clients that have searched for a gardener and found my company. This process of searching and choosing makes the clients attached to my company and now in my head when I give bids and are more expensive then competitors and have been getting me.we have been running 7 days a week for the last 3 months with work. It's a different process I have but works for me just wanted to give my 2 cents thank you.
    Isaac Covarrubias

Director of Operations
    Gerardo Landscape

Something I was thinking about as far as shirts go is, would it help to have a phone number on it? Say for instance, a crew member is in a convenience store getting lunch or something to drink and someone is behind them in line, sees the shirt and remembers they need their yard cut this year. Having a phone number may let them enter it into their phone to call later.

Something I tell my crew is I will never technically look or ask for work. That way I don't sound desperate.
    I don't think you would sound desperate when you ask for work. I think it would come across as eager and that is a good thing.

We have seen a lot of sales discussions on the forum and the biggest key to closing the sale always seems to be asking for the work.

It's just something to consider.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I agree with Steve. I'd at least put a phone number. I have a polo shirt I purchased that just has "Southall Mowing" on it with a logo that I wear on estimates and some other stuff. I've been asked a few times for my number because of it. On a polo, it'd probably look dumb to have my number on it, but for a work uniform, at least have it on the back of the shirt.
      [CENTER]CENTER]

Comment

I've been asked a few times for my number because of it.
        What kind of situations would you be in where having a shirt would get another person to ask for your company phone number? Do you tend to wear work shirts more often than not when you are out and around town because of this?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Holy thread rivival, Batman!

Anyways, I never saw a notification that anyone replied to this. Yes, I wear polos around town and stuff. I've made a name for myself, and people want to know more. In a town of 4,000 people, there are so many pop up lawn care businesses now that competition looks tough, but give it a year and they'll be gone. Sad to say, I love watching this people go $50,000 in debt to run a lawn service in the ground and not have any kind of uniform. One guy hasn't even made it this far in the season. I "stole" all of his accounts because he hardly showed up and "looked sketchy" as some said. So I'd go over (in my polo :P ) and ask them if they needed someone to cut their grass. I'd give them a lowball offer for the first cut, and tell them the real estimate after I was done. That way, the lawn was cut, so they were pleased and more likely to accept my final estimate. People know me by my polos. They're plain, but my logo gets the job done. Uniform means a lot. Our work tshirts have our number on them with our name and a logo and I've gotten calls from neighbors leaving a voicemail because they saw that "you were busy across the street." Then of course, some neighbors don't care, and interrupt you. Which is fine with my clients because most of the time I take 5-10 minutes to talk to them and whatnot. It makes them happy. So I do it.
          [CENTER]CENTER]

Comment

What got you to the point of getting uniforms? Did you notice any immediate benefits once you started wearing them or did a change happen over time?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X