Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need something on the suburban...

Hello All,
    I am just starting out and I am having very little luck with craigslist. So I am thinking about doing something with the truck. I have a question about Magnets vs lettering on a truck.
    I only have one vehicle and I read somewhere that the IRS likes to have lettering instead of mag? And what if I used it for personal use? Could the IRS deny any expenses if I had it permanently on there and using it to haul the kids around? I mean, you could tell them that your just advertising while driving.
    Also, where is the best place (cost) to order lettering online? Some of the prices I have been quoted have been anywhere from 10 a sq to 50 a sq. Seems a little spendy for a piece of vinyl.
    Thanks..

You are allowed to deduct a % of your vehicle if it's also used for personal reasons. Same with cell phone, wifi at the house, gas, insurance etc.

For vinyl, go to a local sign shop or one of those places in the mall. Super cheap and tons of options.

Comment

I use magnets because like you, I use my truck for both business and personal use. Depending on where you're located, if you get vinyl you may have to get commercial plates.

I agree with the above post about using a local shop. Those online ordering places tend to use REALLY cheap vinyl, and you'll have a difficult time returning them if something goes wrong or you don't like them.

Comment

I use magnets because like you, I use my truck for both business and personal use. Depending on where you're located, if you get vinyl you may have to get commercial plates.

I agree with the above post about using a local shop. Those online ordering places tend to use REALLY cheap vinyl, and you'll have a difficult time returning them if something goes wrong or you don't like them.

local shops charge double what anyone else does. i have been using a small outfit in south jersey called Edecals.com and they do fabulous work and are very reasonable.
        if you are looking for magnets, decals or bumper sticker type decals this place is great.
        a typical pick up truck with lettering on the doors is about $70.00 for everything and the same thing locally will be about $175.00 and i have some stuff lettered from 10 years ago with this outfit and it still looks good and has held up well.

Comment

Depending on where you're located, if you get vinyl you may have to get commercial plates.
          Has anyone had trouble with parking a vehicle with vinyl lettering at home? I am thinking some HOA or local communities may have bylaws against commercial vehicles being parked at homes.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Good question Steve. I do live in a townhome complex and I am not sure what they would say. It is a good thing that it is a small complex, but this might make me decide to go with magnets instead.

Comment

Have you seen anyone else that lives in your community that parks a commercial vehicle overnight?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

To answer your question Steve, no. It is not allowed. Hense the reason for me parking my equipment at a different house. (love great friends!!!!)

Comment

Thank you just for cuts. I just can't believe they get that kind of money for such cheep stuff.

Comment

I used the same place that made my company shirts...they also do vinyl. They did both sides, and the tailgate for $60 and they installed it. I think it was too cheap, and would be fine with spending more.

Where I live the city is ok with a lettered truck being parked in the driveway as long as my trailer is in the garage (lucky for me the garage is big enough) and the truck is empty of debris. I use an F-150, so it can be used as a passenger vehicle as well.

One thing I have to say against HOA's...or others that say "no commercial vehicles"...ever seen a police officer park his car at his house? I have...yet nothing happens to the.

I think magnets look cheap, and besides...you can't read them.

I actually have great success with Craigslist. I think it just depends on the area you live in. Some populations view it as a legitimate place...others see it as second rate.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X