Truck Lettering Start to Finish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's how it arrived...

Unrolled and sitting on the table on the back porch to allow it to "flatten"...

Application instructions, a few extra logos, 696 Signs promotional stuff, an "American Owned" sticker, and a squeegee (not shown) were included...

The only thing that is "wrong" is the leaves. They are supposed to be "line art"/outlines and not a solid shape. It may have been as a result of how I created the file. Not a huge deal - I'll apply and see how I like it that way.

Hoping to find time tomorrow or Sunday to install it. Should be interesting.

Comment

I got all the 696 promo stuff with my shirts. Gotta love the drink coaster!!

Comment

I got all the 696 promo stuff with my shirts. Gotta love the drink coaster!!
        I couldn't figure out if it was a coaster, or a small-scale sample of a mouse pad!

Comment

Can't wait to see it once you get them on .....

Comment

Teaser pics.

I put one of the small logos on my walk behind.

Sorry, the photos aren't the best - taken in the garage since it was raining.

Here's a better one...

Looks pretty good I think.

It was easy to apply, but doing the big one on the truck has me nervous. I think I'm going to ask my neighbor for a hand doing it since it's so large.

I have two more of the small logos... thinking of throwing one on the battery box on the side of the mower too if I can't find somewhere else to put it.

Comment

Looks really good. I put in an order also. Im having vinyl done for a sign Im mounting on my trailer gate.

Comment

Great idea.....Looks awesome......

Comment

Vinyl is INSTALLED.

Pics to follow.

Comment

Vinyl is INSTALLED.

Pics to follow.

Awsome!
                    So how did it go?
                    Hows it look?

Tony
                    696 Signs
                    Thank You!
                    696 Signs

Like our page on FaceBook for discounts!
                    http://www.facebook.com/696signs
                    Shop Online Anytime!
                    http://www.shop.696signs.com

Office: 248-233-6306
                    Fax: 248-823-5888
                    Email: Sales@696signs.com
                    Address: 1195 Rochester Rd. Ste I, Troy, MI 48083

Comment

Awsome!
                      So how did it go?
                      Hows it look?

Tony
                      696 Signs

It looks great except for one screw up. I knew the "lawn service" part would be tricky since it was so long and narrow with no way to "split" it like I did with the rest.

I hinged it across the top and after peeling away the backing the top edge "bunched" on me as I was pressing it down causing a crease. It's not horrible, and it can only be seen up close, but the perfectionist in me is bothered by it.

There are some "bubbles" here and there, but all are miniscule in size - nothing to be concerned about.

The color is good. It's not an exact match, but I was realistic with my expectations going into this and I will say that the color is "close enough".
                      It looks different from different angles. Sometimes it appears more silver and other times it appears more "tan".
                      Overall it looks pretty classy - much nicer than "white".

I have a crapload of pics I took of the whole process. Uploading now...

Comment

I need to get outside and mow my lawn, but here are 2 pics of the finished product...

I'll post up the "start to finish" pics and explain how I installed it later tonight.

Comment

with your trailer loaded up ,or your invalid rack loaded up with equipment,are you going to be able to see it ?

Comment

Looks really good man. I know the little stuff bothers me too but in all honesty people arent going to be scrutinizing the lettering. It looks great in the pictures and that is what people are going to be seeing when passing by. Nice job.

Comment

with your trailer loaded up ,or your invalid rack loaded up with equipment,are you going to be able to see it ?
                              "Invalid rack". ROFLMFAO!!!

I think the ramp of the MOBLITY SCOOTER CARRIER will be in front of the web address when folded up in transit, but not to the point where you couldn't figure out what it says.
                              I don't know about the trailer. I'll have to take a look since tomorrow is a "trailer day". I've also been contemplating a sign for the back of the trailer, so eventually, that will be a non-issue.

Comment

Looks really good man. I know the little stuff bothers me too but in all honesty people arent going to be scrutinizing the lettering. It looks great in the pictures and that is what people are going to be seeing when passing by. Nice job.
                                Thanks. I'm happy that it looks the way I had planned it on "paper".
                                Sometimes things don't end up looking quite the same in person.

It's tough to know how big is "big enough" that the image will be readable from a distance. This worked well in that regard. I wanted the "lawn care" to stand out, and it does.

I may have to have that part redone though. That crease will make me insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X