No announcement yet.

Truck Lettering Start to Finish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they all look pretty good. The middle left one with the 4 leaves on it is the one I like best, but it's your truck you put what you think is best on it

Comment

hedge this is a little of topic but, how do you like having a cap on your truck for work. What are the pros and cons. I love the lettering its not too flashy but still noticable in my opinion. I like that you went with the same color as the truck (or very similar) it looks awesone
      Well, I don't know anything else, so it's hard to compare to working without it.
      It was my daily driver and when I started this business, everyone said, "get rid of that cap", but while that may make sense for work, I still needed to use the truck for personal things, and I like having the cap, so it stayed.

Pos and cons are likely similar to the pros/cons of an enclosed trailer.

Pro - Everything can stay in the truck - no need to unload.
      Con - Everything is in the truck - easy to steal everything all at once.

Pro - My tools are out of sight
      Con - My tools can only be accessed via the back

Pro - My equipment stays dry
      Con - The cap restricts what I can fit in the bed - hauling of brush, bags of debris, etc are limited because I have to pile them on top of my gear making things difficult.

Pro - I have additional area for advertising
      Con - Without having my truck lettered, it does not look like a landscaper's vehicle to those walking/driving by (or to neighbors looking out windows)

Comment

i like the firts one at the top at the rigth side of the page,

Comment

I think they all look pretty good. The middle left one with the 4 leaves on it is the one I like best, but it's your truck you put what you think is best on it
          Thanks. Yeah, it's not bad - I just find it a little "busy".
          There were a few "falling leaf" ideas I had worked on, but while you'd think that it's a huge area to work on, it really isn't. It was hard to get the look I was going for.
          Once you start trying to work around all the "buttons" and the handle, it makes designing a bit more tricky.

Comment

i like the firts one at the top at the rigth side of the page,
            Yeah, like I mentioned before, that's my actual logo.
            I initially wanted to go with something like that, but the leaf is just so large that it's going to block my view out the back too much. That's the main reason I used "outlines" for the leaves on the final design.

I also wanted the "lawn service" portion to be a bit more readable from a distance and I don't think it is with that design.

Thanks for your input though.

I think I'd rather do design work for someone else. when you work on your own designs, you tend to be more critical, and when things don't work exactly the way you envision them, it can get quite frustrating. That's partly why it has taken me so long to get moving on this.

Comment

Looks good! I dont see any issues with the layout.

Send me the file and I can reply with the quote.

Talk to you soon!

Tony
              696 Signs
              Thank You!
              696 Signs

Like our page on FaceBook for discounts!
              http://www.facebook.com/696signs
              Shop Online Anytime!
              http://www.shop.696signs.com

Office: 248-233-6306
              Fax: 248-823-5888
              Email: Sales@696signs.com
              Address: 1195 Rochester Rd. Ste I, Troy, MI 48083

Comment

I know you're done for the day, but note that I just sent you the file via email to the "tony@" address...

Look forward to your quote.
                Keep in mind that I'm not working too good these days, so be gentle.

Comment

Woo-hoo!

Quote received and approved.
                  (Much less money than from the sign place I stopped at initially)

Like I said, every time I want to do this some emergency puts it on hold. Even now, I haven't been working due to the drought, but really, the price quoted was lower than I had expected/feared, so I'm getting it done.

Provided the color looks OK, I'll also get the side windows done.

I'll post pics of the install when it comes in.

Comment

Hey hedge, I thought about doing something like this to the back window of my truck or the tailgate. Are you just buying the lettering then applying it yourself, or are you having someone else apply it for you?
                    sigpic
                    Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Hey hedge, I thought about doing something like this to the back window of my truck or the tailgate. Are you just buying the lettering then applying it yourself, or are you having someone else apply it for you?

Ordering online, so I have to install it myself.
                      I think it's simple enough that I should be able to handle it.

Like I said in the OP, I was going to have it done by a sign place, before they gave me the runaround regarding the color I wanted. They said the installation would be $75. I'm still looking for the quote they gave me for the vinyl itself... it was WAY more than what I'm going to pay 696 Signs for this.

Comment

yeah, the vehicles for my parents business are all lettered, and man was it expensive.
                        sigpic
                        Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Vinyl lettering is paid for.
                          Can't wait for it to be delivered.

I guess I'd better start prepping the glass. I have a decal and a piece of velcro to remove.

I started tweaking some designs I had mocked up for the side windows. If the color of this lettering is good I'll be ordering the sides next.

I had someone ask me if I do this (mowing) "professionally" the other day. Just another reminder that you should have lettering if you're trying to get new clients. Without it, you're just some guy with a mower - how would anyone know otherwise?

Comment

I may have them do some vinyl if I like my shirts.

Comment

Tracking my vinyl lettering...

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility - August 08, 2012, 7:07 pm - ROMULUS, MI 48174

"Romulus"?

Seriously? LOL!

Shields up! Arm Photon torpedoes!

Comment

It arrived today.

Comment

Working...
                                X