No announcement yet.

What kind of Uniforms and Truck Identification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also considering lettering for the back window - that, or the graphics that cover the entire window but allow you to see through from the inside. Everyone has white, vinyl lettering on their truck, so I'm leaning toward the more expensive graphics. I'll post something when it happens, but it will be a while.
    I will be looking forwards to it!
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I'm also considering lettering for the back window - that, or the graphics that cover the entire window but allow you to see through from the inside. Everyone has white, vinyl lettering on their truck, so I'm leaning toward the more expensive graphics. I'll post something when it happens, but it will be a while.
      I think there is an imbetween where you do like a window rap. Like you would do you truck but its just the window and its not the bland window white lettering.
      Colton
      Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

Oh, and regarding the "green trailer" idea - I saw that Lowes offers a "Carry On" brand 5x8 wire mesh trailer, and I thought, "Well, there you go!", but after looking at the black ones on display in the parking lot, and seeing all the surface rust from just sitting there for a few months, I'm scrapping the "green" idea. Black will be much easier to touch up.

Comment

One reason for the black trailers to rust so quickly, well... Black covers so much easier than the green paint. You have to use less black to paint the trailer rather than the heavier green coating. Just a thought to consider...

Oh, and regarding the "green trailer" idea - I saw that Lowes offers a "Carry On" brand 5x8 wire mesh trailer, and I thought, "Well, there you go!", but after looking at the black ones on display in the parking lot, and seeing all the surface rust from just sitting there for a few months, I'm scrapping the "green" idea. Black will be much easier to touch up.

Comment

One reason for the black trailers to rust so quickly, well... Black covers so much easier than the green paint. You have to use less black to paint the trailer rather than the heavier green coating. Just a thought to consider...
            I'm not sure I follow what you're saying, but it sounds like you said what I already said.

Comment

I'm not sure how many of you have Brickman's in you area, they are a national company that services places like lowe's etc. They were dickies with there colors and dickies tops with name tags and hats with a logo. there trucks are two tone, there company colors. They look awesome. They are pretty impressive. they have monster trailers with three ztr's, two commercial walk behinds, tons of other equipment. I have never seen another company (not even mine come close.

Comment

This is taking this conversation to a different place, but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what some good shoes would be. I'm going to be walking alot right now since I don't have riding mowers and want them to be able to last and be VERY comfortable on my feet. Do any of you have any suggestions? Don't need steel toe.

Matt

Comment

Did you every see these?

Do you think they would be worthwhile?

http://www.lawngrips.com/default.html
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Timberland Pro Line has some great chioces. Anti slip anti fatige and steel toe is what I got, held up real nice so far.
                    Colton
                    Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. My feet will really appreciate it.

Matt

Comment

Everyone has white, vinyl lettering on their truck,
                        This is because of the tinted window. Contrast makes it easily readable. That being said, I HATE white vinyl lettering. LOL

The color that I really like for a tinted window is Yellow. Very nice contrast and you can also get it reflective so it sticks out at night. Talk about in your face... LOL

Does anyone remember the old WilTel vans? They had the Knight on a horse.... They were light grey on a white van. At night I had no problem finding my house from a block away because that knight was reflective and stuck out better than a sore thumb.
                        Pat

Comment

This is taking this conversation to a different place, but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what some good shoes would be. I'm going to be walking alot right now since I don't have riding mowers and want them to be able to last and be VERY comfortable on my feet. Do any of you have any suggestions? Don't need steel toe.

Matt
                          I'm going to be buying shoes this week. My nike shoes are not cutting it. So would everyone agree that Timberland Pro Line shoes are the best to where? I don't need steel toe.

Thanks,
                          Matt

Comment

Do you know what size of that shoe you'll need? Have you tried them on yet? You could order them online if they have a good enough discount.

Comment

What kind of Pants do you guys wear? I was reading in some places they wear khaki but is that like Khaki dress pants Khaki Cargo pants or what? Does anyone wear Shorts? My Color Scheme is Green and White.

Comment

What kind of Pants do you guys wear? I was reading in some places they wear khaki but is that like Khaki dress pants Khaki Cargo pants or what? Does anyone wear Shorts? My Color Scheme is Green and White.
                                Ugh. I despise wearing long pants, but I'm guessing that as I get into this more heavily, grass covered legs from trimming will get old real quick. Maybe I can pick up some stripper pants that I can "tear off" after trimming. (with shorts worn underneath, of course)
                                Hellllooo ladies...

Ummm... I wouldn't invest in "dress pants" for mowing lawns. Look for some lightweight cargo pants or something of that nature. Military BDU style pants with "ripstop" fabric in a solid color may work well.

Comment

Working...
                                X