Dothan Lawn Care redux - Shark Attack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dothan Lawn Care redux - Shark Attack

The "Dothan Lawn care Caper", or as the uninformed prefer to call it, the "website imitator" got a lot of reads. Over 1000.

Well, the fin is back in the water. I've decided to "shark" another lawn care city. Now, I have many "lawn care" sites that rank between 1-5 in many cities. I'm just waiting another 6 months or so and then I will sell them. Easy money when you know how.

Most lawn company guys are way too busy cutting grass to master the SEO learning curve, yet they know that online organic search rankings are the best cost per return advertising on the planet.

For that reason I've chosen a Florida city to "shark." I could have chosen Kentucky or any other state. Makes no difference to me. They don't know I'm coming for them.

I'm going to chronicle my take over of those search engine returns exclusively here on the Gopher Forum, for the Gopher Forum members.

Hey Steve, why not give me my own channel?

Why would I give away all this hard earned info for free? Well for one reason, this time I'm not gonna be the good guy and give it back. I'm gonna make a few thousand doing it.

At the same time I hope to convince some lawn care operators into doing business with me by SEO'ing their sites.

The other guys get free info watching me "bite." And maybe some of you will prefer to be clients instead of victims.

This will be a long, long thread.

Great! I like to think of this as your own channel! You should make video updates too with the Jaws theme song in the background as your site rankings improve.

It will be fascinating to watch.

I know others are interested in watching and learning as well.

What is this operation going to be called?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Sprinkler Repair,

What kind of rates would you charge for such a service?
      I get calls constantly about xyz company that gaurantees results for ranking high (1st, 2nd, 3rd) trying to sell me these services.

To be honest, I think it's cool as hell that you've not only invested the time & energy to figure it out, but that you've proven you can do it well.

So, I may very well be interested in hiring you. (provided I'm no the next poor schmuck your about to pick on) haha

Comment

So, I may very well be interested in hiring you. (provided I'm no the next poor schmuck your about to pick on) haha
        You just made me spit out my drink HAHAHAHHAHAH
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Well My appologies to your keyboard sir.

Comment

Hi musicman, I don't know how to do the "green quote" thing, otherwise I would have used your statement "So, I may very well be interested in hiring you. (provided I'm not the next poor schmuck your about to pick on) haha".

As you can see getting SERP's doesn't mean that you need to be able to spell, type or use this interface!

My prices are listed here. For your area (fairly competitive due to all the snowbird yards) I would suggest option number one.

The phone SEO frauds (they call me too) are Pay Per Click salesmen. I played along with one of them and they told me I was nowhere in the Google listings (I've been #1 for years) and they said you have to "pay Google for keywords." Once I started grilling her, she got so angry and flustered that she hung up on me !

Now PPC has it's place. Very tough markets can be difficult to break into organically. And PPC is a science unto itself. You can lose money very fast if you don't know what you are doing.

But for geo-specific search, unless you want to rank for something super tough like "real estate Punta Gorda", it does not require the ongoing forever cost of PPC.

This is a special rate I came up with because I know most lawn guys don't have $2500 -$6000 for a years worth of SEO. So these packages are like a "launching pad" for your site. After that you blog twice a week the way I show you and you are in. Or for $29.99 a month you can watch all the videos on and just do the same stuff yourself.

It's really just "paint by numbers" once you know how.

But, if I were you I would forget trying to rank in Sarasota. The guy that is #1-#2 for all the good keywords is my client. That would be a long row for you to hoe!

By the way, I used to live on Casey Key and repair sprinklers in Port Charlotte. Man, I miss eating fresh, just stopped wiggling, snook for dinner everyday!

Get 82% more business, or your competitor will.

Comment

I guess I should come up with a catchy name for this project. I used "The Dothan Lawn Care Caper" last time because of the way some of the more tech savvy members sniffed me out immediately! It was very Sherlock Holmes, and kind of touching as well to watch other members rally to the aid of the grieving victim.

Any ideas? "shark attack seo"? "blood in the water marketing"? I like the shark theme because it is a famous Florida beach town that I'm targeting.

That website (word press blog) went up this morning.

I will build a separate video website where gopher members can watch the process of going in for the keyword kill.

By the way, the site went up about 6 hours ago and is already on page 3!

Not a link to the site, the actual freaking site!!! I love this stuff!

Comment

tick tick tick.......UPDATE

The actual website, not a link to the site, but the actual website is NUMBER FREAKING ONE on google for "xxxxx(the city) sprinkler repair" in .....

drum roll please............................................ ......................

8.5 hours

How' zat for get listed on Googe fast? "Google sandbox" comments anyone?

It probably will drop. That's way, way too fast. But it is fun!

************************************************** ****************************-

Comment

tick tick tick.......UPDATE

The actual website, not a link to the site, but the actual website is NUMBER FREAKING ONE on google for "xxxxx(the city) sprinkler repair" in .....

drum roll please............................................ ......................

8.5 hours

How' zat for get listed on Googe fast[/URL]? "Google sandbox" comments anyone?

It probably will drop. That's way, way too fast. But it is fun!

************************************************** ****************************-
                  Hey, SEOGUY (that URL is taken...I just checked), your link at the bottom of your messages is fubar'd. ;-) Need to remove some spaces.

Can you send me your phone number? I want to ask you a couple questions.

Keith
                  Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

yeah, the link has been wrong for months
                    I guess I should get around to it, but it ranks on the first page, and sometimes #! for the best converting phrases on Google so it's not real important to me
                    Which URL is taken? These are my sites!?

Comment

yeah, the link has been wrong for months
                      I guess I should get around to it, but it ranks on the first page, and sometimes #! for the best converting phrases on Google so it's not real important to me
                      Which URL is taken? These are my sites!?
                      I wasn't dogging you. I was talking about. I thought that would be a good URL but it's taken. Remember "PizzaGuy" from Fast Times at Ridgemont High?

I got your number...will call you in a few.

Keith
                      Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

I am facinated by how it all works & would love to learn. I have a couple quick questions though.

With options 1 & 2, You do the work to get it to #1 & then do you teach how to keep it there? How long might that last?

With option 3, It's an 8 weeks take ver of online competitors, at $29.99 /mo
                        but for how long? 29.99 a month for the 2 months? a year? Indeffinately?

I am interested.

I literally just got off the phone with the salesman... he called again.
                        Wants several hundred a month, with a 3 month minimum (then month to month after with no contract) & guarantees #1 sponsored result rankings for all common key words for your trade & geographic area.

Comment

Hey Keith,
                          it was refreshing to talk with you on the phone as you :
                          1. get it
                          2. understand what I'm saying

I think I can learn a lot from you as well. Stick with me on this thread and comment on my posts.

Maybe together we can pull some others up to the point where they "see the light".

The main difference between us (Steve included of course as he reads this post on his Google phone in his Maserati on his way home from an exhausting night at the Play Boy mansion), you and I both make money online, and most of these guys don't.

They have yet to experience the profit potential of the "new phone book."

And they won't, unless they take at least a little bit of action.
                          Unfortunately for the slackers, their competitors will eat their lunch.

I eat my competitions lunch every day. Yum! It tastes better when you just take it away from them.

Wanna eat your competitors lunch?

************************************************** ****************************

Comment

Hey Musicman, love the videos, big fan.

Musicman in quotes :

"With options 1 & 2, You do the work to get it to #1 & then do you teach how to keep it there? How long might that last?"

Hmmm, I don't think I ever said #1.
                            Anybody that guarantees you an organic number one spot on Google is either a liar or an idiot. I did say that all my clients are #1 for at least one keyword, and on the front page for many others. I also guarantee a link on the 1st page of Google or I'll refund your money.

I don't accept everyone. I have to qualify your expectations. If you said "Okay, I'm in. I wanna be #1 on Google for the keyword lawn."

I would say, "okay, it's $25,000 a month for five years. Pay in cash at the counter on your way out."

1996 it ain't. This is 2009 and 100,000 phishing sites go up every week! How many real sites? A few million a day?

So, how long will your site last? That's up to you. It's like American Idol. I can get you onstage, but if you suck (in my world suck=no new content) then the better band (more new content) will eventually kick you out.

I can show you a super cheap, easy way to post new content. I've got over 150 websites, and I type with one finger. Catch my drift? It ain't hard to do.

"With option 3, It's an 8 weeks take over of online competitors, at $29.99 /mo
                            but for how long? 29.99 a month for the 2 months? a year? Indefinitely?"

It will probably take you 2-3 months to absorb and implement the techniques on the 30+ videos and counting.

#1 that is a dirt *** cheap way to rank, and when you are done, you will know how forever. Why should you know? Because then it becomes "cookie cutter." You can start ranking as many sites as you like. With the state of the economy, I'm so glad that I invested in domain names rather than AIG.

My "stock" is up!

"I literally just got off the phone with the salesman... he called again.
                            Wants several hundred a month, with a 3 month minimum (then month to month after with no contract) & guarantees #1 sponsored result rankings for all common key words for your trade & geographic area."

The word you should pay attention to here is "sponsored". That means PPC. I talked to Kieth tonight and he said he profited from PPC. He will also tell you that it is a short term approach. If you do PPC, my advice is to pay someone to walk you through the landmines. You can get hurt out there.

My view on PPC versus organic is "do you want to rent forever? Or do you want to own"? I prefer to own. Online its way cheaper.

**************************************- I'll fix that ITV url someday
                            Last edited by SprinklerRepair; 03-26-2009, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Sprinklerman,

Alrighty, Sounds good & I look forward to learning from you. I put my page together DIY after a salesman quoted me $1500 to build 4-5 page site & I told him he was out of his mind. "Do you know how much work I have to complete to generate $1500 in spendable profits? I'll figure it out myself before I'd spend that much cash on this" He told me I'd never figure it out if I hadn't been taught how to do it before. A month later my site was live.
                              The best way to motivate me is tell me I cant do something or that it's never been done before. Can't wait to get started.
                              By the way, Thanks for the compliment on the music/videos. That's my stress relief & creative outlet.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X