Site maps - how important?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

I noticed there are a bunch of settings, like how often the search engines should visit a certain page. How important are these settings?

What if you have them come too often and you don't have any changes? Or what if you have them come not often enough and you do make changes?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I think something that should be added to this discussion about SEO, sitemaps etc... is that having a website for your "geographic specific" lawn care business, needs to be just that, targeted for your location.

You have hundreds of millions of searches each day on Google, Yahoo and others and you are not trying to compete on a national or worldwide basis, you are only competing on the search engines with the companies that a local to you.

Think about it? When a person gets on the internet to search for a company to mow their lawn, they are not going to search for the words lawn care and scroll through 10 million sites to find one in their city. They are going to be "geographic specific", they are going to search on terms such as "lawn mowing houston tx" which will provide a few hundred. This is where you want target where your site ranks.

All I am saying is to not get to caught up about SEO as you are not trying to be the first link on Google's page and certainly don't pay some SEO company that says they can get you a TOP 10 listing.
      Quality Hosting

Comment

All I am saying is to not get to caught up about SEO as you are not trying to be the first link on Google's page and certainly don't pay some SEO company that says they can get you a TOP 10 listing.
        What do you suggest the average lawn care business owner who has a website do, to make their site more "geographic specific" friendly?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
        X