website imatator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website imatator

I do regular searches on the internet for lawn care and lawn service in my city, there was a podcast about my SEO not to long ago. For a entire year everything has been doing good with the website and the 10 domains names i have surrounding my website name www.dothanlawncare.com. I recently came across a website called www.dothan-lawn-care.com i think its for my city but not sure. They copied most of my html, website name, and are now ranking top pages like me. The domain was just recently bought also from godaddy i think.

Is there anything that can be done for them coping most of everything of mine. Y would people try to get close to another domain name and copy word for word for there website.

Read my front page and then read theres and tell me what you think and what i could maybe do if there is anything i can do

Would they steal business from me now since they have all that or would i gain business because of the dashes in there website name, i dont think people would remember the dashes or would they

If anyone could help me with any info about this let me know... thanks. I havent had this happen before. Here is there whois info below

Registrant:
    Irrigation Repair Inc.

32404 Okaloosa Trail
    Sorrento, Florida 32776
    United States

Registered through: EpicDomains.com
    Domain Name: DOTHAN-LAWN-CARE.COM
    Created on: 24-Dec-08
    Expires on: 24-Dec-09
    Last Updated on: 24-Dec-08

Administrative Contact:
    Borglum, Craig boofoot1@comcast.net
    Irrigation Repair Inc.
    32404 Okaloosa Trail
    Sorrento, Florida 32776
    United States
    (407) 920-7246

Technical Contact:
    Irrigation Repair Inc.
    32404 Okaloosa Trail
    Sorrento, Florida 32776
    United States
    (407) 920-7246

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.HERMESDNS.COM
    NS2.HERMESDNS.COM

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
    Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited
    Last edited by landonkade; 01-01-2009, 10:11 PM.

I do regular searches on the internet for lawn care and lawn service in my city, there was a podcast about my SEO not to long ago. For a entire year everything has been doing good with the website and the 10 domains names i have surrounding my website name www.dothanlawncare.com. I recently came across a website called www.dothan-lawn-care.com i think its for my city but not sure. They copied most of my html, website name, and are now ranking top pages like me. The domain was just recently bought also from godaddy i think.

Is there anything that can be done for them coping most of everything of mine. Y would people try to get close to another domain name and copy word for word for there website.

Read my front page and then read theres and tell me what you think and what i could maybe do if there is anything i can do

Would they steal business from me now since they have all that or would i gain business because of the dashes in there website name, i dont think people would remember the dashes or would they

If anyone could help me with any info about this let me know... thanks. I havent had this happen before. Here is there whois info below

Registrant:
    Irrigation Repair Inc.

32404 Okaloosa Trail
    Sorrento, Florida 32776
    United States

Registered through: EpicDomains.com
    Domain Name: DOTHAN-LAWN-CARE.COM
    Created on: 24-Dec-08
    Expires on: 24-Dec-09
    Last Updated on: 24-Dec-08

Administrative Contact:
    Irrigation Repair Inc.
    32404 Okaloosa Trail
    Sorrento, Florida 32776
    United States
    (407) 920-7246

Technical Contact:
    Irrigation Repair Inc.
    32404 Okaloosa Trail
    Sorrento, Florida 32776
    United States
    (407) 920-7246

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.HERMESDNS.COM
    NS2.HERMESDNS.COM

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
    Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

Here is a previous post i found by the Sprinkler repair guy on there talking about stuff i listed above. Sprinkler repair guy you live in FL, near orlando what do you have to do with Alabama.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=3363
    Last edited by landonkade; 01-01-2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

@ landonkade, there really isnt much you can do about it. I checked out the website and the it's content is not a copy of yours. It is very clear they are copying you and trying to steal your rank tho.

As for Craig (SprinklerRepair) thats pretty low doing that to a member here who is working hard on their business and then you do that for who knows what reason. I'm sure either to gain traffic for your many sites to sell products or even try and sell the domain to landonkade.

Get a free website makeover for your lawn care business!
      Go to this thread to learn more:
      http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=44255

Comment

When I went to the site is looks like one of those place holder sites. When you check on the about page it has nothing about them.

It does seem like the goal of the site is to drive traffic to his irrigation site. Also there is no phone number to call for service. So I am guessing anyone who went to that site is not going to get anything out of it.

The weird thing is that in the podcast I talked about Denver Lawn Care.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

@ landonkade, there really isnt much you can do about it. I checked out the website and the it's content is not a copy of yours. It is very clear they are copying you and trying to steal your rank tho.

As for Craig (SprinklerRepair) thats pretty low doing that to a member here who is working hard on their business and then you do that for who knows what reason. I'm sure either to gain traffic for your many sites to sell products or even try and sell the domain to landonkade.
          Yeah that is pretty low down.

Here he is copying my html, here is his:

Whether you live in Dothan, Ashford, Midland City, Headland, Abbeville, Slocomb or anywhere in Houston, Dale or Henry county, Dothan lawn care is your first choice for professional turf management and landscaping.

Here is mine:

We also cover the areas of Houston County, Dale County, Henry County and more. Also here are just some of the city’s we service Dothan, Ashford, Midland City, Headland, Abbeville, Slocomb.

Now tell me he didnt copy my html.........

If he is looking for me to buy that domin name sometime he is tough out of luck, i am not buying something from someone that does something like that, screw ball has nothing else to do in his life
          Last edited by landonkade; 01-02-2009, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Low Life SOB

Who does this "Craig" guy think he is? Competing for a website ranking where he doesn't even live (I checked out his website, he's in Florida)?

What's up with that??!

Why would he do that?

It definitely sounds like a website ransom attempt.

The guy ought to come clean in the forum and explain himself, but I bet the lowlife is to chicken to do that!

I went to his website and got his email:

We should all, and I mean everybody that cares about their forum brothers, send him an email calling him a ***** until him answers the question WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PULL!!!

Send out an all bulletins alert to all the "forum brothers".

We won't tolerate extortion!

Comment

Who does this "Craig" guy think he is? Competing for a website ranking where he doesn't even live (I checked out his website, he's in Florida)?

What's up with that??!

Why would he do that?

It definitely sounds like a website ransom attempt.

The guy ought to come clean in the forum and explain himself, but I bet the lowlife is to chicken to do that!

I went to his website and got his email:

We should all, and I mean everybody that cares about their forum brothers, send him an email calling him a ***** until him answers the question WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PULL!!!

Send out an all bulletins alert to all the "forum brothers".

We won't tolerate extortion!
              amen......

Comment

amen......
                StateofBob
                My time laped on the last quote,

amen...... you got that right.. what a scum.

craig
                " I will award your evil with evil; you wont be able to escape" When you want someones things you take it with fraud and violence"
                Last edited by landonkade; 01-03-2009, 05:10 PM.

Comment

have you seen his site now...seems a little familiar...hmmm. He is totally on these forums.

Comment

I didn't realalize that it was SprinklerRepair from these forums that is doing this. It now seems that he loved the website I did for Clark Landscaping as well. Why would you PM me asking for my prices and other stuff Craig???

You sir are playing a dirty game and I don't like it.

Comment

I didn't realalize that it was SprinklerRepair from these forums that is doing this. It now seems that he loved the website I did for Clark Landscaping as well. Why would you PM me asking for my prices and other stuff Craig???

You sir are playing a dirty game and I don't like it.

I darn sure dont like the game you are playing with me either craig.

why would you choose to do SEO testing on lawn care on a city that is several hundred miles from you if you do irrigation repair in your city near orlando? Why couldnt you have picked a city near you or made up a domain name to see if you would rank. what you did is very disrespectful in my book

Comment

why would you choose to do SEO testing on lawn care on a city that is several hundred miles from you if you do irrigation repair in your city near orlando? Why couldnt you have picked a city near you or made up a domain name to see if you would rank. what you did is very disrespectful in my book
                        I was in fact talking about the game he is playing with you. To tell you the truth I could care less that he is trying to modify a theme that I used for wordpress.

I do in fact really care that he is hurting your Google rank for an experiment. What he is doing should be seen as an act of fraud. I am sure he wouldn't appreciate me buying up domain and messing up his ranks for search engines. Search engines cache pages for a long time and it could be a long while before what damage Craig has cause is repaired.

Comment

Definetly Up To No Good

This whole thing is strange. I looked at his site and I just don't get what he is doing.

christ, he is a Carnival Barker!

I mean, we all work hard, hot or cold outside.

The only reason to have a website is to increase sales , RIGHT?

I would guess that he does also. What could be the motive?

He lives in FLORIDA!!!!?

I yank pull cords and change spark plugs for a living., and I am not a psychologist.

BUT!!!

Can anyone offer any reason why this Jack *** would think he can blackmail somebody by car-jacking their website like a Lexus?

How do we all come together to fight this sort of thing?

Is there someway to alert all the "Gopher'Bro's" and explain to them what is going on on this thread? How would they know? Contact Steve?

On to another subject. I need some help.

I don't have a website yet, but when I do, I don't want to be 'hacked" like landonke!

What do you "web savvy " guys think of this website name?

I don't have site up yet.

I found the only website online selling the "niz" extension and according to what they said, it will overtake ".com" soon. What do you 'webby's" think?

I'm only 4'11' and I thought maybe I could get the nationally conservative estimate of the .0075% of "growth challenged persons" people like myself to go with a GCP landscaper like me.

In Memphis there must be thousands!!! (but I haven't checked).

I did pay the higher price for the "niz" although the "com" was available.

I'm new to this kinda stuff. What do you "Internet Hot Shots" think?

Any tips or advice would be helpful.

If it makes any "technical" difference, I'm running Windows 95.

P.S., I'm thinking of getting a "RIDER MOWER" soon because every time I get stopped by an obstacle or rock in the yard. the darn the push mower handle hits me in the throat.

Any suggestions? I've got a Home Depot charge card, if that helps.

At least I can still type.

Bob

Comment

StateofBob, I personally think a domain with 7 words in it is way to long, any more then 3 or 4 is to long imo. Also I dont think .niz is going to take over .com any time soon. Most people if they dont remember the domain extension either search google for it or just type in the .com. I'm pretty web savy and I doubt I would even think to type that one in.. So I would recommend you buying .com when available.

Good luck on your website tho!

Also when I first checked out this thread to see if it was craig doing it I did a reverse ip check to see what other sites were hosted on the same site as the one he is ripping off. There were over 80 other sites and a lot of them were related to lawn care. I'll post them up later so that other people can check and make sure their not getting screwed over as well.

Get a free website makeover for your lawn care business!
                            Go to this thread to learn more:
                            http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=44255

Comment

bump.......

Any input steve for the members to see about this whole thread.... I still havent heard anything from the SprinklerRepair that lives in Sorrento, Florida
                              Last edited by landonkade; 01-05-2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X