Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Site Help!?!?!?

Hey guys,
    I recently used one of the website templates available here to use on my new web site. www.choicelandscapesllc.com

It is still under construction but please take a look and critique. I want it to be the best it can be.

My problem is...on my interenet explorer tab when the page is minimized on the task bar it reads "my company". How do I change it so that it says Choice Landscapes?

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom,

Do you have Skype.com? I am on it now and we can chat about your website. The program is a free phone program my username is GopherHaul.

Can you get that downloaded and installed? If you don't want to thats fine, I will help you on here.

Let me know, Steve
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

i will try to downoad it now

Comment

Let me know if you get this running we are on conference call now.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Just to keep everyone updated, we were able to get onto skype and talk and get Tom's website fixed. I also recorded some of the conversation for a podcast I will be posting later to share with everyone.

This Skype software is amazing.

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for the help earlier that new software you are using is great! I have another situation I was hoping someone could help me out with. I just pulled up my company web address using google. I typed in "choice landscapes birmingham". The link that it gave said "My Company" and not "Choice Landscapes". We corrected that problem on my web site earlier today. Do you know why Google still shows it as "my company"

Thanks again,

Tom

Comment

Nevermind!

I found the situation. Google has to update. I got the following message. Google last took a snapshot of my web page on Jan 29. See below.

This is G o o g l e's cache of http://choicelandscapesllc.com/ as retrieved on Jan 29, 2008 16:31:29 GMT.
              G o o g l e's cache is the snapshot that we took of the page as we crawled the web.
              The page may have changed since that time. Click here for the current page without highlighting.
              This cached page may reference images which are no longer available. Click here for the cached text only.

Comment

Hey Tom, Keith here.

If you have a Google Account, you can also force googlebot to visit your site. This will not necessarily get your site's change indexed immidiately but it will let google know that it definately needs to take another look.

Good luck:

Keith
                Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

http://www.google.com/addurl/ follow the link to add your URL to the google crawl.

Comment

Hi Richard:

Not to be too confusing but if you have a google webmaster account you can add sitemaps and then force a crawl by googlebot of newly updated sitemaps.

This is different from simply submitting a url.

I know you know this but others might not understand the distinction.

Keith
                    Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

I was thinking about this and I was remembering a lot of experimentation that Rodman was doing with his website.

In previous posts we were talking about how when people search for lawn care services, they tend to look for their town name and lawn care. Because they do this, it seemed like you would improve your chances of showing up high in search engine results if you said something like 'your town lawn care' and then maybe have a '-' and then your actual lawn care business name.

Rodman seemed to have great results in search engine placement by doing this.

Tom, you might want to experiment with this too.

If someone is looking for a lawn care company and searches for your town or even county name and lawn care, where do you rank now? Then maybe change your title and see if your search enging rankings improve.

Comment

Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Feb. 07 2008,12:28)]Hi Richard:

Not to be too confusing but if you have a google webmaster account you can add sitemaps and then force a crawl by googlebot of newly updated sitemaps.

This is different from simply submitting a url.

I know you know this but others might not understand the distinction.

Keith
                        True enough

I was taking the easy street there.

Comment

Quote[/b] ]Not to be too confusing but if you have a google webmaster account you can add sitemaps and then force a crawl by googlebot of newly updated sitemaps.
                          I haven't seen much usage of a site map on a lawn care business website.

Now as far as I know, a site map is a page on your website that has a list of all your webpages and has links to them. Is this correct?

How important do you feel this is for a lawn care company website?

Can you also tell us why it is important?

Comment

A google sitemap is an XML file placed in your home directory for the spiders to crawl. It contains all of your working files and puts them into HTML. Here is an example of what I mean:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">&#60;?xml version=&#34;1.0&#34; encoding=&#34;UTF-8&#34;?&#62;
                            &#60;urlset xmlns=&#34;http&#58;//www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.84&#34;&#62;&#60;url&#62;
                            &#60;loc&#62;http&#58;//thelawnblog.net/wp%2Dadmin/images/box%2Dbg%2Dleft.gif&#60;/loc&#62;&#60;/url&#62;[/QUOTE]

Comment

Quote[/b] ]It contains all of your working files and puts them into HTML.
                              It contains all of your working files? Do you mean all of your webpages?

How does the spider know how to find this page? do you need a link to it from your homepage?

Comment

Working...
                              X