Web templates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web templates?

I am setting up my company web site & contemplating using one of the free templates available here (probably #16). Has anyone here used these & customized them out? How did it work for you?

Chuck

What software program do you use.

Comment

I can't wait to see what you create. Yea a lot of business owners use them. I put them together so you can get yourself up and running really fast.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

My comp runs windows XP.

Yeah I'm looking foward to get it running.

I purchased a package from 1&1.com last night & it said I would get an email with my log in info "shortly" I called today to ask about it they said sorry about that , you'll have it within the hour. Now 6 hours later I still haven't recieved anything from them. I'm starting to belive it may have been a bad choice of web hosts..... Idunno what to think here.

Comment

hey Chuck...what package did you get from 1and1

Comment

Quote[/b] (ritchiem @ Mar. 28 2008,6:02)]hey Chuck...what package did you get from 1and1
            I went with 1&1 home.... 3 mo free then $4.99 /mo.
            I went with that mostly for the dynamic site creator & also the 120 Gb web space. figure I want more room since it's only a buck more month.

Comment

By the way, some of us were talking about Domain names the other night on the skype cast & how they should be simple & easy for potential clients to remember....

The domain name I choose was www.charlottecountylawns.com
              It's not up yet but if the service dept. at 1&1 ever get around to it, It will be soon!

About 3/4 of all my clients are in Charlotte county & the balance will still remember the name..... They are after all right next door to our county.

Comment

Ok, I got all the login info & signed into the control panel, I downloaded the template I like & I have 2 propblems....
                1) how do I edit the template & put my information in it?
                2) How do I then upload that whole file to the site/server whatever?

HELP ME ! I am a serious website NOOB!

Comment

To edit the template you will need an html editor. There are a lot of free ones online. Then you will need to ftp the files up to the server. Unless someone can think of an easier way.
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 30 2008,6:33)]To edit the template you will need an html editor. There are a lot of free ones online. Then you will need to ftp the files up to the server. Unless someone can think of an easier way.
                    What I use is FileZilla FTP tranfer software.

It's so easy to use.. it's not even funny...

FileZilla

If anybody has questions about FileZilla.. let me know.. I am pretty expert with it now.. I use it everyday

Comment

My new web site is technically up & live though still pretty basic, A work in progress. I still need to get photos & testimonials, up change a few things around & I just noticed a spelling mistake or 2. But here's what I got so far.

www.charlottecountylawns.com

Man I really need a nicer logo for this page....

Comment

I like that!

Didn't I have some sample photos in there for the photo page? Would it help you to have them there until you can take some of your own or no?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X