help uploading site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help uploading site

I am need some help uploading my site. I used the tutorial that rodman posted somewhere on here. I can't find it again.
    http://www.pnplawncare.com/windowsxpftp.pdf

I went thru the whole thing which was easy but now I'm stuck. I went thru the setup wizard. Now I am at the bottom on hte last page where it says:
    TRANSFERRING FILES TO YOUR WEBSITE...

It won't let me copy and paste it so its at the very bottom of my tutorial.

I don't understand the directions here. I don't see where I can copy the files to upload and place them into my network directory.
    Rob
    Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

not to sure Rob...I have never used windows ftp before. You can do the same with your web browser as well. What browser do you use?

Comment

I have internet explorer. It doesn't matter what I use. I just want to get it edited.
      I paid for the whole service to be done 3 months ago and now I can't get the person to respond for help.
      Its been sitting in a unprofessional manner this whole time.(my site)
      So I am on my own for the most part here with no experience in this area.
      Thanks
      Rob

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

what is your url?

Comment

www.greenimagenw.com

i forgot to put it up there

Rob

Comment

Well lets make it right! I'll step up to the plate and give you a hand. What exactly did you want done to the site.

Comment

Well the first thing I want done is the testimonial page fixed. Anyone that goes on there is going to think I am a joke. All the last names are the same for the people listed. Been like that for 3 months.

I do have dreamweaver. So I would like to learn how to do it myself eventually. I want to be able to post my own pictures on there, list specials, and make a referral page as well. Or edit one of the other pages to be a referral page.

Basically I just want to go on there and change things as I please. But what is listed above is what I at least want done for now. That drives me nuts.

Thanks Rich
              Rob

Comment

who is your hosting with? Are you attached to that site? Would you want something different if you could get it?

Comment

Quote[/b] ]who is your hosting with? Are you attached to that site? Would you want something different if you could get it?
                  I am hosted thru Ebuildlawncaresite.com or whatever its called. I don't know what you mean by attached to that site. But if I understand you right I already have paid for the years service. So I don't want to have to pay again to start over if its not neccesary.
                  Rob

Comment

oic...

can you pm me the login details for your site...I believe he uses cpanel right?

I'll have a look at it...see what I can do.

Comment

hey Rob I don't know if you use any of them but you can IM me using

MSN Messenger - ritchiem21@hotmail.com
                      Yahoo Messenger - thelawnblog
                      ICQ - 56602240

may be easier then waiting for posts to talk.

Comment

Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Jan. 29 2008,5:28)]
                        Quote[/b] ]who is your hosting with? *Are you attached to that site? *Would you want something different if you could get it?
                        I am hosted thru Ebuildlawncaresite.com or whatever its called. I don't know what you mean by attached to that site. But if I understand you right I already have paid for the years service. So I don't want to have to pay again to start over if its not neccesary.
                        Isn't that Rodman's server? Where is he at? Did they have their baby yet?

Comment

Rob do you have a logo?

and do you have any pics of your work? for a portfolio page...

Comment

hey rob... site looks good... the only problem I see are that all the testimonials have smith as the last name...

Comment

Thanks James. I just want to get some of my own personal touch on there.

Richard-
                              I have a logo that I customized and some pics to. Do you want them emailed?
                              Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X