Ad tracking software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad tracking software

Has anyone played around with any ad tracking software that you can run on your server?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

were a bunch grass cutting guys...we dont know anything about servers... unless shes in the local hooters...lol... Just wondering if you go into a little more detail about this... im pretty computer savy... and I need a little more details...

Comment

There are a bunch of forum members on here who are really into playing around with a lot of this stuff. For instance, I am constantly learning new things about the blog software from Richard.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Feb. 05 2008,8:43)]Has anyone played around with any ad tracking software that you can run on your server?
        Not me

Comment

where can I find out more??

Comment

Well I use a plugin called 'AdServe' for my website. It tracks how many views and clicks I get from each ad. It also rotates the ads if I need them to. The software also allows the sponsor to log into my site and check his views vs. his click too!

Comment

that sounds awesome... now ritch... do you also run a forum? or is that attached to your landscape website?? my next project will be a website with a forum involved...

Comment

It is setup with The Lawn Blog. I have set up many a forum, but I do not have one atm.

Comment

See! Richard is the man! He is always 2 steps ahead all of us with any of this stuff.

Richard is there a link to this plugin? Is this plugin only for wordpress or can this be used on forums too?

Comment

AdServe Link for wordpress.

ASP code here to insert into your non wordpress site. This code just will run random images. On your site...offers no reporting.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">&#60;%
                    url=Request.QueryString&#40;&#34;url&#34;&#41;
                    If url&#60;&#62;&#34;&#34; then Response.Redirect&#40;url&#41;
                    %&#62;
                    &#60;html&#62;
                    &#60;body&#62;

&#60;%
                    set adrotator=Server.CreateObject&#40;&#34;MSWC.AdRota tor&#34;&#41;
                    adrotator.TargetFrame=&#34;target=&#39;_blank&#39; &#34;
                    response.write&#40;adrotator.GetAdvertisement&#40; &#34;text/advertisements2.txt&#34;&#41;&#41;
                    %&#62;

&#60;p&#62;
                    NOTE&#58; Because images are changed randomly, and because this page has few images to choose from, it will
                    often display the same advertisement twice in a row.
                    &#60;/p&#62;

&#60;p&#62;
                    &#60;a href=&#34;text/advertisements2.txt&#34;&#62;
                    &#60;img border=&#34;0&#34; src=&#34;/images/btn_view_text.gif&#34;&#62;&#60;/a&#62;
                    &#60;/p&#62;
                    &#60;/body&#62;
                    &#60;/html&#62;[/QUOTE]

Comment

To learn more visit http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_adrotator.asp

Comment

Ah ok and this is Active Server Pages so you need a Windows server to run this stuff right?

Comment

for ASP yes...but you can find .cgi and .php scripts all over the place for unix / linux servers

HotScripts.com is your best bet.

Comment

Working...
                          X