Link Exchange for Lawn Care Websites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Exchange for Lawn Care Websites

What's up guys...I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone would be interested in exchanging links to their site; I'll put a link to your website on my website if you put a link to my website on your website.

This is a great way to build traffic, particularly where high "rank" and high indexing are concerned.

The more "backlinks" you have to your site from other sites, the higher rank Google will give you - especially if those backlinks are on a related website.

It wouldn't make sense for me to link to a LOCAL competitor, so please, distantly related companies only.

I look forward to working with you for the betterment of both of our businesses!

Reply to this thread if you are interested, intrigued, or if you have a question.

what is your traffic like? Do you have an Alexa ranking yet?

Comment

Well, I get about 250 visits a month. Up until now, I have not gone after backlinks, only natural rank. The first few months the site was up, I had great rank. After a while, rank got lower as it does, so here I am!

on the cpanel just now, I checked traffic and all...looks like googlebot is visiting daily.

I try to do fresh material on my blog.

Hope it's good enough to merit some exchanges - maybe some more fresh, newer sites would be more interested in exchanging.

thanks,

Comment

I am always learning about this stuff and I was wondering, does it help if your lawn care business website is posted in a post say here on the forum?

Does that help?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 23 2008,8:35)]I am always learning about this stuff and I was wondering, does it help if your lawn care business website is posted in a post say here on the forum?

Does that help?
          absolutely, it helps. As long as this site isn't in a bad hosting neighborhood or on google's blacklist lol

I don't know if google bombing still works...I think they fixed that, so that's not an issue.

I'd say yes, it helps - it helps because the more opportunities you present to be found by the Search Engine Spiders, the better chance you have of winning the popularity contest that google/yahoo/msn/etc consider to be precious.

Comment

Ashley,

What would you say most people would look for when they looked for a lawn care operator in your area and how do you rank on that list?

Maybe I could offer some suggestions on that?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 23 2008,9:00)]Ashley,

What would you say most people would look for when they looked for a lawn care operator in your area and how do you rank on that list?

Maybe I could offer some suggestions on that?
              I think they're just looking...whoever they call is just another yard guy. You have to wow them - create a "Raving Fan", and earn referral based business.

Well, I try to rank highest - I'm in it to win it

Comment

Quote[/b] (ritchiem @ Jan. 23 2008,3:21)]what is your traffic like? *Do you have an Alexa ranking yet?
                I don't guess I have an alexa rating

Comment

Hi Ashley:

My site gives free links to lawn care business websites such as yours.

I am not a link farm or anything nefarious...just testing a theory.

And, of course, I welcome a return link from you.

Cheers:

Keith
                  Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

Ashley,

How has it been, to be a member of SCBDC

How did you get involved with that group and what do you think you got most out of it?

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 23 2008,10:02)]Ashley,

How has it been, to be a member of SCBDC

How did you get involved with that group and what do you think you got most out of it?
                      I first found out about the BDC through the Chamber of Commerce. I was invited and joined soon thereafter.

Networking or "lead" groups are a great way to get started. They give you the opportunity to keep sharp in your people skills, your public speaking skills, and they are often in a posh setting which makes you feel important.

I made some really good lifelong friends in the BDC.

However:

After a while, with SOME businesses, there comes a time when you might decide to leave the group. It is time consuming (if you add up your participation time and multiply that times your cost per hour per man, it really adds up), it costs money to be a member (~$240/year plus meals [at that posh restaurant]), and is often at a very early hour in the morning (to accomodate those who have to be at "work" at 8am.

I was given alot of "pity" leads. It is in each member's best interest to give leads (because they're vying for you to give them leads). So what happens sometimes is that people will "come up" with something for you to do as opposed to giving you a real, solid, high paying referral.

THE best business, at least in my opinion, comes from referrals. My business is based on referrals almost 100%. I do go for new customers in the winter with advertising in various ways, but after that, it's all word of mouth. With a solid customer base like that, you have a solid business.

Thanks for asking, you are a master of making people talk about what they are passionate about and feel good about themselves, which is a highly valuable marketing tool when done with sincerity - once I get moved tomorrow (bought a new house), I'll read over more about what you do and get some more tips from you. One thing I want to do that I think this forum would help me with is to polish up my website - rounded corners, maybe some flash. We'll get the ball rolling soon!

take care and thanks,

Comment

Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Jan. 23 2008,9:40)]Hi Ashley:

My site gives free links to lawn care business websites such as yours. *

I am not a link farm or anything nefarious...just testing a theory.

And, of course, I welcome a return link from you.

Cheers:

Keith
                        Keith, what's your key word phrase to link from that I need to put on my site?

thanks,

Comment

The Lawn Blog will share links with you. I'll have you on every page in the "Partners" section. You can use this info for me,

The Lawn Blog Your Information Source on Everything Green, Lawn Care, Landscaping, Lawn Care Marketing

Cheers,

Comment

Man, you are so ON....I put The Lawn Blog link on my first page, albeit at the bottom with the rest of the links.

What do I do now to get my link on your blog?

thanks!!
                            ash

Comment

It has been on there all day...already done

Comment

Working...
                              X