No announcement yet.

Why does everyone choose green themes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does everyone choose green themes?

Just curious why everyone chooses a green theme for their websites? Because grass is green?

Problem I see a lot is WAY too much green to where you can't make out any wording regardless of font color. Just looks messy.

And for the love of whatever higher power you believe in stop using generic Google images as your own work.

Be original.

Ssshhhhhh they think it's working for them. lmao

Comment

I am guessing it is just the path of least resistance. There are a bunch of free grass related themes out there. So when a business owner picks through them, all the grass ones tend to be green and it's easier to just use what they can download without having to alter it at all.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Ssshhhhhh they think it's working for them. lmao
        I happened to Google image search my own photo of a pressure washing job, and found some clown using it as his on a Google+ page. I filed a DMCA takedown notice with Google and the whole account was gone in 3 days. Google takes that very seriously.

Comment

I am guessing it is just the path of least resistance. There are a bunch of free grass related themes out there. So when a business owner picks through them, all the grass ones tend to be green and it's easier to just use what they can download without having to alter it at all.
          You're right and I think we've all done it. Greeen Greeeen with a grass background in one form or another. They all end up looking the same. I see SO many wp sites with the same template all the time.

Not to toot my own horn but I've actually had customers compliment me on mine and had lawn guys a few counties away ask me who did my site. It's not green at all. Easy on the eyes (the most important), easy to navigate and informative. Always tweaking it though. It's an endless game! Mobile friendly (actually mobile users get their own site with the option to view full site). Never cared much for those responsive sites, they never resize right when I try them on tablets and phones.

Comment

It does make you wonder how much of a difference in response you can get from creating a custom site or at least changing the colors a bit and using your own images.

Everyone seems to know that it is important to have a webpage but beyond that I don't know why everyone wants their site to look the same.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

My site is acutely more blue than anything. Another in my area uses red.

I do have some Google images as headers on pages, but I have a "gallery" page to show my own work. I've had people tell me they "want a flower bed like the one on my site" and in quick to tell them it is a stock image that was photoshopped that I use as a background on the header.

I've seen other use obvious stock images as their own. **** that. But I use a stock image for things like aerating. We just use a stock image of an aerator. Or for bark there is a stock image I found of a wheelbarrow full of mulch next to a flower bed. I don't think the way I've done it is bad. I don't try to come off as the picture are mine.

One thing I don't get is the LACK of a website with so many people in my area. Even some larger outfits have a very ****ty site.

Comment

With less competitors having a web presence, your ability to rank higher for your keywords should improve quite a bit.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X