Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collecting payments from your website. HELP!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting payments from your website. HELP!!!!

Hi, I just starting making a website I bought the domain from godaddy.com and I'm useing websitebuilder to make my website. I want to ad a page where customers can go and enter all of their info and pay their invoice online. Can anyone help me out? Come on Steve I need a little help lol. www.Niagaramowing.com.

I think it needs more help than that. lol

I don't know anything about websitebuilder but I would help if I did.

I'll go to my site and see if I can remember how to do it. It's not a websitebuilder site but prolly no difference in how to do it.

Just play around with it and hopefully you will figure it out. It has a LOOOONG ways to go but be sure and check the spelling and punctuation. I see mistakes.

And then once it looks good.... dang, dog poop brown? Then you will need to get the back side of it SEO ready.

Comment

Hi, I just starting making a website I bought the domain from godaddy.com and I'm useing websitebuilder to make my website. I want to ad a page where customers can go and enter all of their info and pay their invoice online. Can anyone help me out? Come on Steve I need a little help lol. www.Niagaramowing.com.
      There may be a secure payment portal plugin available through your builder. If not, it won't be easy or secure without an https encrypted site.

I personally wouldn't put my card number into anything that wasn't on an encrypted site.

On a funny note, a local competitor is using the same page layout as you

Comment

Ok, which account do you have... Basic or Plus or Pro? If you don't know which one it is... how much did you pay them?

Comment

Websitebuilder is $10 a month

Comment

They have a $7.95 plan, $8.95 plan, $9.95 and a $17.95 plan. You will need to see if your plan allows you to accept payments. The $9.95 plan is the business plan but I don't know if it will let you accept payments. The $17.95 is the e-commerce plan... hopefully you don't have to move up to the e-commerce plan.

Since it is drag and drop..... you don't see something that says anything about taking payments or anything like that? I bet they are going to make you sign up for the e-commerce plan.

Comment

Welcome to our forum!

Good start on your website.

What about having a paypal button and just allow the customer to pay through that?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I checked out PayPal and I didn't like the options for checkout. They offer 5 different options and none of them go good with a lawn buisness. I checked out a few lawn care websites and I noticed people were using the DONATION option. I don't think that looked professional and the customer can't type an invoice number. Steve we need a gopherhaul checkout option!

Pay with gopherhaul

Invoice#
                Name
                Amount paying $
                Credit card info
                Submit button

Comment

So I also use GoDaddy for web hosting. The big thing to know about accepting customer payments through your website it that it actually has as much to do with your accounting software as it does the host. I use Quickbooks Online for invoicing, billing, accounting, etc.

So if I wanted to add a customer portal, which is a place where a customer can login to their account through my website, view their invoices & balance, and be able to make a payment, there is only one option I can find as of now, a service call GoToMyAccounts, Quickbooks to add this functionality. They charge for their service based off of the number of customers you have, so it would cost me $40/month for this.

On the website side of things, you have to be very careful taking personal and financial information over the internet, as it is very easy for someone to steal it if done wrong. You would need to talk to GoDaddy about this, I think they will tell you that you need a SSL certificate and maybe even a dedicated server, not a shared one.

So even though you may not like PayPal's terms, it may be the best route. It will save you money and the responsibility of security is on them.

Also, you should look at the WordPress app with GoDaddy. You just install it into your account and it gives you the ability to create awesome websites. However, it is not a drag and drop builder, you need to know HTML code for it. But check out my site at www.GeorgetownGrass.com I built (still working on it some though) using GoDaddy, WordPress, and a template I bought from themeforest.com

Good luck

Comment

Nice looking website. I like the grass mowed counter and the request an estimate box.

Comment

Does godaddy offer a store front plugin? Kind of like they offer wordpress as an easy one click add-on?

If so, do they have the ability to accept credit card info in it?
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X