Looking for new host

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for new host

I've been using my current host for quite a while with various sites and apparently they've been bought out by an overseas company. Servers always going down and support is practically non-existant.

Who are you guys using for a host and are you happy with them?

Have you considered someone like godaddy? Or are you looking for a hosting company that is local?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Have you considered someone like godaddy? Or are you looking for a hosting company that is local?
      Not too concerned about "where' they're located really, as long as they have a decent uptime and support reputation. The existing hosting company I'm using was one of the highest rated in the industry and they really went down the tubes fast with the buyout.
      Last edited by Just for Cuts; 11-27-2015, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I use Earth Skater, always have been there when I've had an issue. They have grown a lot since I've been there but I can still speak to the owner directly. Always johnny on the spot!
        Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
        Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
        CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

I use Earth Skater, always have been there when I've had an issue. They have grown a lot since I've been there but I can still speak to the owner directly. Always johnny on the spot!
          I checked it out, it seems they are geared more towards online stores than just hosting. I was tempted to just build a server and host it myself but can't justify the cost of a dedicated IP, etc.

Comment

How much are you finding an ip for?

Comment

How much are you finding an ip for?
              The dedicated (static) IP would be through my current provider (Comcast). The prices vary depending on what I require.

Then I'd have to invest in and configure the hardware. Just not sure I want to deal with the maintenance, updates, hassle and overall bs of doing it.

Comment

Yeah, I think it would be a real hassle to do it but you can get the static ip address for as low as $1.25-$2 a month. I like hassle free stuff... let's me enjoy life.

Comment

I've used Hostgator and Godaddy for years. My favorite is Hostgator.

Comment

Web Hosts

Here are the top 3 web hosts in my opinion:

1. WPEngine- most expensive, best security, quickest server, and most reliable host.
                    2. InMotion- very quick, reliable hosting.
                    3. BlueHost- best customer service, decent price, reliable hosting

This are just my opinions but are pretty accurate. I have used each of these hosting services. I have also used hosts such as HostGator, GoDaddy, SiteGround, GreenGeeks. They're not bad by any means I just prefer the above three.

Comment

Another great host is LiquidWeb. Kind of a weird name but they are awesome. I have jumped online with their customer support real late at night and they helped me out.

I've also used HostGator but LiquidWeb is much better in my opinion.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X